Thread: Switch back and forth between survival and creative.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Switch back and forth between survival and creative.

My son and I were discussing Planet Nomads and he mentioned one thing that would make the game in time to come very interesting..... the abilty to switch back and forth between survival and creative. Quite a number of survival games have this, like Minecraft, Subnautica, Starbound and more. This would be quite a cool feature. Sure it's defeats the purpose of survival, but would make building complex things in survival quite cool. I figured I may as well suggest this. It could be done through something like a command console.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... decline. It would ruin the challenge of survival mode. Some forms of organization are just meant to be separate no matter what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Developous View Post
    Hmm... decline. It would ruin the challenge of survival mode. Some forms of organization are just meant to be separate no matter what.
    Tell that to the most succesfull game and mother of them all in this genre.... Minecraft. One command and you're in creative and another one and you're back in survival. Even the pocked (mobile) edition supports it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a matter of theme. While I would support it, swapping between sandbox and survival ruins the experience of the latter. In my mind, sandbox shouldn't have the storyline if there is any involved, because there's no challenge in that.

Don't get me wrong, I love your idea, but it just doesn't feel right for the theme of this game, and the principle 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it' holds true - I hate to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Developous View Post
    It's a matter of theme. While I would support it, swapping between sandbox and survival ruins the experience of the latter. In my mind, sandbox shouldn't have the storyline if there is any involved, because there's no challenge in that.

Don't get me wrong, I love your idea, but it just doesn't feel right for the theme of this game, and the principle 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it' holds true - I hate to say.
    You don't have to use it, you can play the way you want.