Thread: Problem with power

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with power

Been waiting for this access and am very pleased with how things are at this stage.

Ok after a few false starts I got a small outside base happening. I was finding everything I needed was collecting resources. Making all kinds of parts and food/water. Found a few vain's under ground. Got to the point were I made mrk2 gear. To do this I needed to turn off my food maker because generator wouldn't supply enough power. Yep found the off switch. Got all my gear made!

Well now I was running low on food and water. So ran out collected a bunch more stuff for it. Came back and turned on food processor. WHAT it's disconnected tried reconnecting it, nope that didn't work. Disconnected everything and tried to connect just the food processor, nope that didn't work.
    Shut down game and loaded it back up, nope that didn't work. My next step will be to build a new one and see if that works.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Over all I like how this is going. little things i know will be tweaked in as time goes by.
    My biggest complaint about this game would be with the build mode, the outlines do not help in building. I would prefer to see the object I was building so I could place it easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had something similar, or I think the same actually. I just totally forgot about it as I found a workaround. So what I had: 1 bio-generator and to that connected: 1 3D printer, 1 FAD, 1 medbay and 1 armory. All worked like a charm. Until I quit and loaded the save again. Then my armory had no power even if it was turned on and it was connected to the generator. I tried turning it off and on again, but apparently it is not running on Windows :P Then disconnected power and re-connected again, no use. I even built a second generator and connected the armory to that, but still no change. I ended up with deconstructing and building it again, had it connected to the second generator and it worked. So the first generator had 3 "machines" connected to it and the second one got 1.
    After that I went away quite far to gather resources. When I came back I found that my FAD machine has the same issue. Tried everything again, but again, only deconstructing then constructing it again worked. Had that connected to the second generator as well. So now both bio-generators have two "machines" connected to them, nothing else. With that the issue never happened again.

So it seems this bug is triggered when more than two "machines" are connected to a bio-generator and those are getting unloaded. Or when they are loaded back again. Although I had not tested this out as I forgot about it
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've reported this problem here:
    https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...er-loses-power

I haven't really experienced it since I upgraded to a uranium reactor.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Commander Caractacus Pott's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have also experienced this bug. One convoluted way to solve it is to destroy the old machine and build a new one using the parts.
    Also you could build more generators. cable and switch bock would be nice though (although not yet as the poor them are over worked as it is).

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have found the same bug after build the second generator disconnect all recoonect all same issue, after restart the game 4 times issue disappear....

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have just had this problem happen to me, its not so fun to have to deal with, running the newest update of the game i will add
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game