Thread: Move spawn points

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Move spawn points

Seriousyl, given that the different mineral seem to be so vastly far apart, in different biomes, might i suggest moving the spawn points to spawn close or closer to the edge of two such biomes?

When we have a map to guide us, it might be more appropriate to make that long trek, but we don't, and probably won't for a while.

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    well.. you can build a vehicle with cryopod - then you have a moving spawn point.. ;-) and for finding other biome you only need to go north or south and very soon you'll hit one.. no map needed for that.. ;-) I strongly suggest to go north as "tundra" biome has all minerals needed (iron, carbon, silicon, aluminium, cobalt, silver, gold, uranium, titanium)

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    But, as game already have "map of surface", I also thought of similar idea - but my is that it would work like in Rimworld - you can choose on start of the game, where you will land your pod on planet.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're not that far apart at all. We seem to starting in a moderate climate now. Iron/Carbon/Silicon is available their in quite big quantities once you find this spots with the veins. If you find a vein (and most of the time there is at least one close to your starting point) it often yields more then enough to build a small starting base. If you're lucky you hit a massive vein and you're set. With this vein you have enough to start the base and to upgrade your suit, jetpack and multitool. As soon as you've upgraded that, you'll be able to fly a lot further with the jetpack and as Robertak states you can easily reach the colder climates, where everything you need is availabe in huge quantities. Haul it back to your base or start a new one, that's up to you. Upgrade your suit, jetpack and multitool to the max. I don't even use a vehicle, since using the jetpack is way quicker and once you have it upgraded a little you can carry quite a lot around. It took me 3 trips from my base to the tundra to get all my equipment maxed out. The trip takes 5 minutes since you can fly straight to it once you've figured out your position on the planet. From then it's just finding those veins and start mining. Getting enough of the rare X stuff takes the longest, but it's only needed for upgrades. By now, I've got my base full of all kinds of materials and it's time to expand the base.

As for a map.... seriously? You're stranded on an unknown alien planet, how in the world would you have a map? It pretty much would defeat the purpose of the game, surviving on an unknown alien planet

I do think the set up the spawn points quite well. It forces you to travel a little and explore the planet. The planets are worth exploring.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Benjamin

If a map come to game, i would prefere a map that shows only the already explored ways.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be a good way to have a map in the game.