Thread: Blocks and cost to build.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Blocks and cost to build.

Was building a small base 4 base blocks big and once I had my wall part up a was going to make the ceiling and found that I need a lot more frames and plate then I need to build the base as it take 4 frames and plates to build the base block which is the size of 4 ceiling tiles which cost 3 frames and plates. So looking at that it would be a lot cheaper to just build another 4 base blocks which I did. You may need to have another look at build cost

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, the railing is more expensive than the foundation block.

Really think we need some stone->gravel->concrete to build foundations out of.
    Heavy. Big. Low hitpoints, so you're not tempted to use them for everything.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only that, the small blocks are incredibly inefficient...each one takes 1 frame and 1 plate. It would use a massive amount of resources to use those to build a base.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in agreement that building is much to be desired. I love the aspect, I enjoy being able to customize. Basic frames omg basic frames. The base materials cost too much and take to long to make. at the beginning of the game it becomes a hurry up and wait game. The beginning of the game needs to be engaging otherwise people will get bored and leave a bad review within less than 4 hours of play time.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cost can be balanced indeed, but we don't need building blocks from different materials like stones and gravel and so on, just rebalancing. I rather have them spend the time on making more cool specialized blocks then on a material variation of basic blocks.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still think this need balancing the base block should be 4 frames and plates as the ceiling tile is 1 of each.