Thread: [EXTREME PRIORITY] Can't load game - Unfinished vehicle

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[EXTREME PRIORITY] Can't load game - Unfinished vehicle

Game Version: 0.5.0
    Simple Description: When you build vehicle and leave some block unfinished,then save game nearby that vehicle, load game again and you got stuck in loading screen at end of object generating.
    Detailed Description:Game ruining bug, as my second save is unplayable. First time I leave my vehicle whith unfinished middle armor blocks and some battery, maybe wheel. I went back to base and when I returned to it, that unfinished blocks were invisible, but vehicle was still hololding together. I tried to reload game by saving and loading - got stuck at end of loading, game still uses +-20% of cpu. Second time I leave unfinished only jack tool that was holding completly finished vehicle - for safty before I put it to ground ( my previous vehicle got bugged, one time it started spinning verry fast and I flew to space ) I save - load game, but again I couldnt load game - I got stuck at loading while generating objects at its very end.
    Reproducibility: Every time
    How to Reproduce:Save - Load game while you have unfinished objects on vehicle.
    Any additional information: Log file and dx diag only from second planet
    Log file: https://pastebin.com/9pbpKaz6
    DXdiag: https://pastebin.com/qTsqi1fC
    Last edited by Jimmy; 15-04-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Experiencing quite simillar bug.. After few hours of playing (usually when i have vehicle car in progress, but not with unfinished blocks) the game start to display levitating trees.. when I quit and restart the game, it won't load, getting stuck in loading screen at the end of object generating. Happened twice in a row, both saves are unplayable now.. At this state I consider the game as unplayable, waiting for patch.. No point in starting over and over again, can't test advanced features like this.

my system: i7 6700K, GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, Win10Pro

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just experienced the same problem.
    It didn't happen from the vehicle though. I have a fully built vehicle, I even exited to the menu and restarted.

I did build a mk 4 jetpack and fly very high though. I noticed the terrain was messed up - different to what I saw before. The trees all had vanished. then I flew back to my base, and trees were levitating. I exited to try and fix it, now my save can't load.
    I'm sad now, because I had mk 4 of everything!

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merinsan View Post
    I did build a mk 4 jetpack and fly very high though. I noticed the terrain was messed up - different to what I saw before. The trees all had vanished. then I flew back to my base, and trees were levitating.
    Yeah, that tree vanishing was in first planet too, trees have low graphic like engine thinks I am far away from them, slowly vanishing all trees etc.

And seems that loading bug isnt limited to unfinished blocks, thats even bigger bug. But I made car now and I saved game when all blocks were done and I was able to load it again. But the handling is terrible, it can ride only on almost flat surface....
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've encountered a similar issue with the vehicles in V0.5.0. I had a save file completely glitch out on me with grass and small plants disappearing and trees popping out of the ground as I walked by them. Parts of my vehicle would also disappear and the game totally glitched out when I tried to deconstruct the suspension parts. I have a video capture of some of it, I'll post in a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's most likely connected with a bug we know about (and fixed for the update), but we'll have David test the exact scenario as you guys are having and see whether it occurs too.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my latest save, I just experienced this again. I had no vehicle. In fact I loaded it last night and made a couple of frames (testing another issue) and then exited.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had this issue occur in another survival game where it just stopped loading the save. There was nothing unusual in the game - no cars or unfinished parts, but a large building was up. I tried testing this in a creative game and although I got the floating trees several times, the save game never locked up on me like in survival mode.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Commander Caractacus Pott's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    this bug is still in 5.1 thus I lost my only world since last save wipe update.
    -edit-
    I am deeply sorry for the accusation I levelled, the save file was in fact corrupted by 5.0.
    Last edited by Commander Caractacus Pott; 19-04-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, it either doesn't seem to be connected with the vehicles or it's possible the save game from 5.0 was corrupted...

We'll need more data for this. Can you guys upload the logs right after you encounter the issue?

Or better yet - send those saves?
    Last edited by Maslostroj (Daniel); 19-04-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: saves
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, build a vehicle, exit the game and now I can't load the world anymore. Stuck at the last bit of object generating.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ran into same issue just now - finally built a vehicle, exited to figure out how to make it work (that is VERY non-intuitive at this point, especially for charging battery and powering wheels). Loaded game again, hit continue, it stops at what looks like 100% loading objects. Let it sit for ~5 minutes, pretty confident it's not working.

Log tail:
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AtmosphericScattering.GenerateBuffers - opticalDepthBuffer generated in 17.001ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt32,ActiveBlockDaemon].get_Item (UInt32 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PlanetNomads.Data.DB.ModuleConnector`1+<LoadConnec tions>c__Iterator4B[System.Single].<>m__86 (IDataReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Database.SQLite+<ExecuteCommandAsyncCoroutine>c__I terator1B.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ThreadNinja.Task.MoveNextUnity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hopefully that helps - I'd like to actually drive around, it sounds like fun...

Balentius

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, thanks for the logs. Can you add those save files please? That way, Pavel will be able to load it on his machine and debug the game line by line.

Here they are on Windows:
    C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\LocalLow\Craneballs\PlanetNomads

and Linux:

"/home/[username]/.config/unity3d/[companyname]/[productname]"

Cheers!
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a notch. Should be fixed in this weeks update. Once confirmed, we can close this one.
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    I just experienced this issue, however the vehicle was 100% complete. I was approximately 5km away from the spawn zone in the desert.

Save file:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...2JxcS0zWm90clE

Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.00GHz
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8GB (Driver: 382.33), game running at 4k resolution with medium graphics.
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB

Note: Was running the game for 13 hours with multiple loading between sessions of gameplay, didn't have any issues until now.
    Last edited by Subquake; 26-05-2017 at 09:39 PM.