Thread: [HIGH PRIORITY] Stuck at 0% Generating World After Exiting Game to Menu and Continue

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[HIGH PRIORITY] Stuck at 0% Generating World After Exiting Game to Menu and Continue

Game Version: 0.4.2
    Simple Description: Stuck at 0% Generating World after exiting game to Menu and then trying to Continue
    Detailed Description: Stuck at 0% Generating World after exiting game to Menu and then trying to Continue. Works initially up to getting into game, but if exit to menu, then trying to do a Continue after that results in getting stuck
    Reproducibility: Every time
    How to Reproduce:
    Start game, generate new world OR continue existing one, exit back to menu, then select continue.
    Any additional information:
    Log file: http://pastebin.com/CP89a0sD
    DXdiag: http://pastebin.com/LFxCdyHt
    Last edited by Jaycephus; 24-03-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can confirm this, got the same issue and it's also happening after a respawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers for reporting. We'll take a look.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Preorder Collector Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had this problem as well, though for me it was after jetpack related death and hitting to respawn at the drop pod.

Kickstarter Unique Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    My game stalls when the "Generating the World" bar is fully green.
    Played for 40 hours, never had that issue before.
    So I'm going to wait for the next update with vehicles, because exploring the world on foot is a drag.
    So farewell to 2000 units of titanium, gold and all that other good stuff

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can confirm that this issue is still in 0.5.0. After a respawn, I got stuck with an almost full "Generating ...." bar.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ehvis,

we have tried many times replicating this bug, but it never happened to us even on different machines. Would it be possible to send us a log after this happens?

Thanks,
    Petr

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It happened to me when I went between a Creative Mode game and tried to load a survival save game. After that every time I tried to respawn it sat at 0%.

Kickstarter Music Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently unable to play. "Currently Generating World" completes, but "Currently Generating Objects" stops right before the end and won't commplete. Have to use Task Manager to kill game. Still won't start. Even rebooted PC. No joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also having the same problem.

Game Version: 0.5.0

This may be related to the "wheel suspension" bug that crashes terrain generation. I deleted a suspension at one point to re position but had never put a wheel on yet. So there was no wheel to delete first. I then put the wheels on and went to gather resources. I exited the game to save it. Loaded back in but it was really laggy and obvious terrain issues as shown in the video. I exited again and reloaded fine. Started off with 2 wheels, went to gather resources, then the terrain bugged out. When I got back the the pod, one wheel was missing as shown in the video. I didn't remove the wheel though so the game must have. Haven't been able to reload it since.

Video Clip:
    https://youtu.be/XVUdsfX0wQw

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZVous View Post
    Hello Ehvis,

we have tried many times replicating this bug, but it never happened to us even on different machines. Would it be possible to send us a log after this happens?

Thanks,
    Petr
    Here's the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m4w76jwbq...layer.log?dl=0

I killed the game after a few minutes.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddikore View Post
    Haven't been able to reload it since.
    Yeah, same thing as my bug report about not able load game after you have something under construction.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This seems to happen fairly consistently after I create a second stasis chamber.

Kickstarter Music Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a workaround for this? I haven't been able to play since twenty minutes after 0.5 came out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddikore View Post
    I'm also having the same problem.

Game Version: 0.5.0

This may be related to the "wheel suspension" bug that crashes terrain generation. I deleted a suspension at one point to re position but had never put a wheel on yet. So there was no wheel to delete first. I then put the wheels on and went to gather resources. I exited the game to save it. Loaded back in but it was really laggy and obvious terrain issues as shown in the video. I exited again and reloaded fine. Started off with 2 wheels, went to gather resources, then the terrain bugged out. When I got back the the pod, one wheel was missing as shown in the video. I didn't remove the wheel though so the game must have. Haven't been able to reload it since.

Video Clip:
    https://youtu.be/XVUdsfX0wQw
    Thanks for the detailed info. Will you be able to also add the world seed? There are way too many "fireflies" and we wonder if that's because of the seed or some error in the world generation.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this still happening in 5.1 with new save games?
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Music Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    haven't had the issue in 0.5.1 yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    So far so good!
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Unique Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    0.5.1 And it happened again. After unlocking all blocks, building a car, the game doesn't load. If this is going to be a regular bug, you might want to rethink launching any future update. Get the save system in order, so we might select a previous game if this is corrupted.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron McNair View Post
    0.5.1 And it happened again. After unlocking all blocks, building a car, the game doesn't load. If this is going to be a regular bug, you might want to rethink launching any future update. Get the save system in order, so we might select a previous game if this is corrupted.
    It isn't exactly the most elegant solution, but you can create saves manually by zipping up survival_save_#.db file and giving it a meaningful name. To 'load', exit the game entirely and unzip it back to the folder. Note that this will erase what is currently there, so be sure to save that in a separate zip if you need it.

Path: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Craneballs\PlanetNo mads
    Last edited by iceshard87; 30-04-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This one should be fixed in this weeks update. Once confirmed, we'll mark it as fixed.
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Improved a lot in the two previous updates, but it may still happen (very occasionally), due to saves being corrupted. One final fix should do it - Pavel is already halfway in.
    -Raoul Duke