Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
[...]
About using keyboard to move blocks by steps on the grid - It sounds promising, but we would need to find a way how to integrate it into our current building mode.
I hope is high on the priority list
[...]
We will add possiblity to use blocks directly from menu without using hotbar, you're right that hotbar is useless when you want to build just one instance of the block.
I am not sure if switching to tool automatically after block skelet placing will be good, because sometime you want to put more blocks and finish them later at once, don't you? [...]
Sometime when I build, I find uncomfortable that I have to swap away from hotbar some blocks. It feels that the hotbar is too small. I guess this addition to the game will help. I will keep on the hotbar the most often used items and I will occasionally be able to build special blocks when needed.
You will not alter the existing behavior, you will just add to it, am I right?
[...]
Yes, we can make it configurable in options, but we want to keep number of options low, so we first try to find universal solution.
Why do you want to keep the number of options low?
Players are happier when they can configure their game experience.
I know the excuse developers use is that adding options increases the testing effort, because the game has to be tested with all combinations, but the players do give feedback when something goes wrong.
And is better to have the options and fix them gradually than not implementing them at all.

I feel you do not want to make the players happy and you prefer to negotiate with them and change things only if they complain much enough.
With this strategy, you will always be just slightly above the complain level and when sales start, the less tolerant players will punish you.