Thread: GPU Graphic card minimum/recommended specs: a question from a probable future nomad!

Post Thanks / Like

GPU Graphic card minimum/recommended specs: a question from a probable future nomad!

Hello there, Nomads!
    First of all I've to admit that this game rocks and such an awesome community has formed around this amazing game!
    I'm following you since the beginning (crowdfunding times, do you remember? ) and I'm glad you've reached this point, so you can easily understand how I'm interested in trying this futuristic experience!

However, here's my question: is my Intel HD Graphics 5500 graphics card enough to run Planet Nomads?
    I know, it's kinda low performance stuff, but try to understand, I've a non-gaming laptop! (and I'm sorry, but after a few research on my GPU I didn't made a point about it)

Thanks for your answers,
    Continue exploring new worlds, Nomads!

Blast

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go.....

That's the game on my laptop with an Intel HD3000, i7 2Ghz and 8Gb RAM. It runs on the lowest settings. I had to capture the video at the same time, so it runs a little better then this video shows. My PC has an Intel HD4000 (as well as a much faster GTX 750 Ti) and while I've never ran Planet Nomads on the Intel HD4000, I have other games. For example, ARK Survival (quite demanding, way more then Planet Nomads) runs at 20fps on my HD4000, while 5-10fps on my HD3000. You have a HD5500 which is roughly 2.5-3 times faster then the HD3000. You shouldn't have any problems running this game if you have a decent CPU and enough RAM as well. You may even be able to play it well on medium settings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Blast, good to see a long time follower. It's true we got to the point where we are going to launch the game!

I have sad, sad news. While I don't see into laptop graphics, this comparison to the minimum required GPU tells the tale:
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...z/3161vsm16570

Planet Nomads is a modern game with advanced graphic effects, so a non-gaming laptop is unsurprisingly a no-go

Edit: There I was, thinking I stand corrected by Ben, but in my book that's still a no-go.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    Hello Blast, good to see a long time follower. It's true we got to the point where we are going to launch the game!

I have sad, sad news. While I don't see into laptop graphics, this comparison to the minimum required GPU tells the tale:
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...z/3161vsm16570

Planet Nomads is a modern game with advanced graphic effects, so a non-gaming laptop is unsurprisingly a no-go

Edit: There I was, thinking I stand corrected by Ben, but in my book that's still a no-go.
    I wouldn't recommend it either, but it is playable.... if you have the RAM and a decent CPU to with it (and a good fan). Not an awesome solution, but if a laptop is all that one has, it would work on the lowest settings. That's far from perfect sure and I'm honestly glad that I've got a decent PC to play it on. Way more fun then on my laptop.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all...Thank you guys for the quick replies!
    I'm quite sorry my 'ddamned graphics card isn't enough for such a modern and detailed game, but I could expect it! (laptop is not old at all, it is just...a non-gaming one! Lenovo, btw)
    Thank you, Benjamin, your video is quite interesting and sent me good vibes, but I can feel the game somehow loses some charme with that low performances settings! :/

So, now, my question has become another: I think I can find the answer in the FAQs or somewhere else, but as we're already here... OSX compatibility? 'cause @home I've a Desktop MAC and I could play there, sometimes...
    Thank you guys,

Blast

Post Thanks / Like
    .NET works as a middleman, translating the language the application is written in-- into a language your device can comprehend. MAC is not an exception anymore.