Thread: Axle, and Steering Axle / Inverted

Post Thanks / Like

Axle, and Steering Axle / Inverted

I haven't reinstalled photoshop yet so I can't post a proper screenshot, but I'm creating a large vehicle, a movable base, with three sets of wheels, and I'm wondering what type of axle I should be using. Are the steering axles mainly used for small/speedy buggies? And, which is the correct way forward on steering axles? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hrafna, we're looking forward to see your mobile base.

Are you creating that in the Editor (building demo) of Planet Nomads? It's all static over there, so mostly it's all about the looks - if you like the steering axles and they fit your design, feel free to use them.

D.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Maslostroj.

Yeah, it's in the PN Editor, so it's only for looks. I just like accuracy, and I'm curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on current in game experience, the small springy axels seem to collapse (and bug out) under too much weight, so either a different type or larger axle, or just tracks would probably work ingame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Auuh, yeah, this vehicle of mine would most definitely collapse, then. I will use the large axles.