Thread: [Acknowledged] 21:9 ultra widescreen not supported

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[Acknowledged] 21:9 ultra widescreen not supported

I recently switched to a 3440x1440 ultra widescreen monitor (using Linux) and it doesn't properly correct the aspect ratio. Since other Unity games do it just fine, it's probably not too big a deal to correct this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ehvis, thanks for that. Interesting! Forwarded to the team and our mighty GUI coder Maly Kuba.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did some more testing and it turns out that what I said above is not the problem at all.

The real problem is that the options GUI does not show the resolution that is currently active. This meant that it said it was at 3440x1440, but it was actually displaying 1920x1200 at full screen. Hence the aspect ratio problem. The behaviour is consistent though, you can select a lower resolution, it will do that and go back to the menu. But back the settings it will say the maximum resolution again, making it impossible to actually choose that resolution.

A workaround is to go via a windowed mode, which does work as expected.