Thread: Full Flight Control?

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad JUNKASAURUS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Flight Control?

I'm sorry. This thread is no longer relevant. You can view my current thread here. << Flight Included.
    Last edited by JUNKASAURUS; 03-02-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Junkasaurus, sweet momma, I feel like watching something out of Jules Verne early sci-fi novels. Well done. And we realized how it is done finally - the wheels interact ("push") even if they are in the same grid. Thanks for exploring the bug this deep and showing us.

And congrats, really bloody congrats, considering we wondered how to make flight controls simple yet precise.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is just one thing Can you make it bigger
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Junk, you're a genius. Wanted to let you know that man. Seriously. I'm STILL pinging from our Discord conversation In some ways, I wish I wasn't moving soon because I'd love to continue to work with you on all the little bugs you're finding!

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad JUNKASAURUS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ttle3agle View Post
    Junk, you're a genius. Wanted to let you know that man. Seriously. I'm STILL pinging from our Discord conversation In some ways, I wish I wasn't moving soon because I'd love to continue to work with you on all the little bugs you're finding!
    Thank you so much man. I don't know about genius, but I do tend to have an engineering side. I just wish that everybody would try this stuff out. I just wonder how much more people could discover if everybody was trying to modify this stuff to make other things, just like you did with the helicopter. That was a very nice talk on Discord, I definitely have to get twitch, that way you can see what I'm working on right now. You gonna love this new project. I seriously think this can make a big impact on Alpha until they release the Early Access in Feb or March. I'm hoping that you get all sorted out before the Early Access is released, that way you'll be able to make tons of content for your viewers on Youtube. BTW Nomads, if you haven't seen Little Eagle Gaming channel yet, please go check it out, he's an awesome Youtuber, providing excellent content, and a lot of awesome creative ideas. Excellent communication. Subscribe to him, like and comment his video, he really puts a lot of work into them. He needs everybody's support in building up his channel and I really think he deserves it.

Concerning the Early Access, I'm afraid I wont be able to play it. My computer barely makes through the "Extra Low Settings" "IN ALPHA" , so I don't think it's gonna handle EA with all the graphic improvements and addition of content : (. So I think Alpha will be the only area for me to build stuff, and drool as others play on EA. I cannot build a computer right now because I am saving up so I can invest some time on studying alone. So we'll see if my comp will handle EA. Until then, I will continue to try out different stuff and discover new things for Nomads to make in the Nomadic World.

So you, Nomad Dave and probably Darkpaw are the only three which said that will try the stuff I made. I would love to see what you and others make of this stuff.
    If the alpha game could handle, you could've probably built cities all around the world and make airports in every one of them. That would look so awesome!

Yeah, so this Christmas weekend I will be trying to balance that new project, and also try to figure out how twitch works. I will let you know when I am ready, and then I can start a twitch stream so you can see my new project. It's been crazy hard.

Please Nomads, visit Little Eagle Gaming channel. Like his videos if you enjoyed it, and leave a comment. Subscribe if you want notifications when he releases new content. He puts a lot of effort into it and he's really good at it too! Help his channel grow.

LOL! BTW what's the likelihood of an airplane that you build, take flight, go into a random trip and land right next to you while you are recording a video! XD HAHAHA! That was so Epic!
    Last edited by JUNKASAURUS; 23-12-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNKASAURUS View Post
    Thank you so much man. I don't know about genius, but I do tend to have an engineering side.....
    LOL! BTW what's the likelihood of an airplane that you build, take flight, go into a random trip and land right next to you while you are recording a video! XD HAHAHA! That was so Epic!

HAHA!That was pretty dang funny. I truly appreciate your support man.Your builds are much better than anything I could have ever come up with on my own. I'm just good at recreating things I see and then talking about it. My day job is a dispatcher, so I'm used to talking a lot :p

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Junkasaurus

I am having a lot of fun with your discoveries. After watching your vids and building your test aircraft, everything I build now wants to fly. Placing a wheel directly onto a block w/o rotor, hinge or suspension makes the craft unstable and reduces its weight to almost nothing so that a simple touch will cause it to wig out and launch into the air Also it is the wheel which takes the power and not the suspension which makes things interesting.

What are steps to take to make things controlled remotely as from a cockpit (unattached to the vehicle)?

Wow I can't believe it! I made a couple of small modifications to your plane and I can glide for hours w/o touching the keyboard. All I did was move the generator under the cockpit and put 2 blocks either side and one at the rear. The rear block has the glass stabilisers attached which house the wheels and suspension. The right wheel spins left while left wheel spins right and the front wheel spins rearwards. Cruises along nicely at 4.5kph w/o any kb input other than changing course

Spaceship
    pnspaceship.jpg
    pnspaceship2.jpg
    Last edited by Finch; 10-01-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    That bug sounds very similar to one in Ark and Empyrion Galactic where you can remove blocks after a model is built (floating wings)and the remembers their position. Actually I think that is a unity engine bug as I have experienced it more than the games stated above and it makes for some very interesting builds.

LOL my PC slowed to a grinding halt when I made a flying base Didn't have time to take a screenshot cos all 40 wheels decided to perform the Nut Cracker ballet and god knows where the base structure ended up. I do seem to have (almost) perfected lite aircraft balance though as I can launch and land at will w/o the thing wigging out and my challenge now is to separate altitude from direction as turning left decreases altitude while right increases it. I've also applied the concept to land vehicles to make them go faster and once vehicles and aircraft are underway, you can turn off the power as propulsion is handle by the wheels connected directly to a block.

I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial and other discoveries you have made, this is the most fun I've had in alpha for quite some time and I felt sad when I saw no comments on one of your vids which really needs more exposure as I'm sure there are others who would like to experiment with these fantastic finds.