Thread: Dual Universe :: Civilization Building Sci-Fi MMORPG [ HOLY FUCK ]

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Dual Universe :: Civilization Building Sci-Fi MMORPG [ HOLY FUCK ]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-sci-fi-mmorpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QF0QsjkY8

Guys this game looks bomb , not just in looks but the technical demo they have shown as proof of concept .

the Kick starter has reached its goal , but is still on for 32 more hours incase you peeps want early beta access in the future.

I think it will be a genre defining gaming if it can fulfill its goal , These are the only devs next to Planet nomad devs that i have seen interacting with fans and laying out everything upfront

That being said , except for the MMO part it looks like what planet nomads will be , similar concepts

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much will Dual Universe cost? You won't have to buy the game itself, and the game will be accessible with a "free to try" limited access (the limits are still in discussion but will be related to things like the amount of skill, money and/or places you can explore). The full game experience will be available with a monthly subscription*at a price at launch that is comparable to similar products on the market (typically around $10-$13/month or 10€-13€/month depending on the country). However, it will be possible to play for free by activating a 30 days time coupon (Dual Access Coupon) that you can buy on the in-game markets. You can also buy a DAC from Novaquark (at a price at launch of 18€/$18) to sell it on the in-game market in exchange of in-game currency.

I THINK NOT. planet nomads pay once play forever that's the right way to do things
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but I'm not about to back a game that requires me to pay more after release. If they had made it so that if you only play solo, you don't need to pay, I could have considered it. Plenty of MMO's that do fine without asking monthly payments, as soon as I see monthly payments, I move on, it somehow never sits right with me. For the money I need to pay in a year for a monthly subscription, I can buy 4-8 other games that only require me to pay once..... 4-8 times as much fun for the same amount of money I already have Planet Nomads anyway, suits me fine, plenty of building in it, next year we can fly, then go to space then play with others and all do it for less then 2 months subscription in Dual Universe.... awesome!

Aside from that, I have my doubts they will pull it off. I've learned one thing from Elite, Star Citizen and No Man's Sky..... developers that overpromise, tend to underdeliver. Not falling for that once more, I rather continue to support a more 'down to earth' team, opposed to one with it's head into the coulds to much.
    Last edited by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA); 10-10-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are very curious to see how they pull off the MMO part. Guessing a year or two and we'll see.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cough cough no mans sky all over again
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Dave View Post
    cough cough no mans sky all over again

disagreed bro .

Plenty of MMO games with mothly subs . And i dont think its NMS , these guys are very honest and upfront on what will and what will not make it to the game . NMS was a total secrecy .

With that said i think if the game has amazing enough features and lands on its goals , people will pay the fee anyways ;)

the game resembles planet nomads in exploring planets of good size , building your craft and bases , the similarities end there tho . i think its a unique game in the sense , its the first game of this scale in this genre of survival games .

Post Thanks / Like
    Still curious as to how this game will do with the whole monthly fee thing. Eve for example has gone free to play, although I don't know if it was directly caused by the subscriber counts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did they already announce how the monthly fee will be?

Post Thanks / Like
    According to http://www.dualthegame.com/faq about 10€ to 13€ per month. The 10€ being the cheapest if you buy several months in a row, so the standard rate is 13€ a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    According to http://www.dualthegame.com/faq about 10€ to 13€ per month. The 10€ being the cheapest if you buy several months in a row, so the standard rate is 13€ a month.
    Thanks. That's either playing one game for a month or buying a new game each month