Thread: How do I turn off this block rotation nonsense?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I turn off this block rotation nonsense?

When I am placing blocks, one at a time (ugh!), the image of the not yet placed block is constantly rotating dependent upon the surface that the cursor is pointing at, to do with some sort of orientation based on how the engine "thinks" the new block should be placed relative to the existing block that the cursor is pointing at.

While this is fantastic for things like...wheels and struts, things that can only go one way, it is incredibly irritating with floor blocks, wall blocks and so on.

How do I turn it off?

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassDeviant View Post
    When I am placing blocks, one at a time (ugh!), the image of the not yet placed block is constantly rotating dependent upon the surface that the cursor is pointing at, to do with some sort of orientation based on how the engine "thinks" the new block should be placed relative to the existing block that the cursor is pointing at.

While this is fantastic for things like...wheels and struts, things that can only go one way, it is incredibly irritating with floor blocks, wall blocks and so on.

How do I turn it off?
    you cant as of yet I sure the rotation will improve with age, like a nice whisky
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    This inconvenience has been noticed and Pavel is reworking the building system to reflect that.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke