Thread: [Acknowledged] bugs maybe, all i know is it bugs the F**k out of me :( (sorry for the swair) :D

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation [Acknowledged] bugs maybe, all i know is it bugs the F**k out of me :( (sorry for the swair) :D

win 10 pro developer preview (most resent at time of post)

most resent game updates

GTX FTW 960.. intel I5.. 4GB RAM blar blar blar please fix the following for my sanity

some points have been mentioned but there no harm in a little BUMP

1 be able to place blocks into the ground while building in the down direction (the only way I can do this at the moment is to dig a hole (witch I'm left with so I can get the right angle to place the block)

2 jetpack hover mode and longer thrust duration to help with building tall structures and game play (can be assigned to a key?) to be turned on/off

3 blocks to connect ( so example... I build 2 lines of blocks on-top of one another they all connect "good" I delete the middle block on the bottom row and place in a hinge or rotor, now you'd expect the hinge/rotor to connect at both sides but NO if you delete the top row one side of the blocks will drop, as it did not connect.

video for help "when its done uploading"

bump
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 07-10-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI: Edit is not bumping the thread.

I can see these issues bugging the hell out of you. Let's get to them.

1) This is something we're trying to eliminate with a "snapping" feature - Instead of having to point at the surface, when you place a block next to an existing grid it will snap to it - very likely with an extra key pressed while placing.

2) Although creative mode, the alpha version of the jetpack is a bit different (has fuel) as we didn't want Nomads to be able to reach space which is still WIP (as it turned out Nomads can't be stopped). In the later version of creative mode the jetpack will not drain energy. As for the hovering I was able to talk Tomas into it and he'll give it a shot

3) That's how the building system works. Pavel is not sure if the snapping system could work to "fix" this, so we'll see. But the best course of action is to build with a plan and take this behavior into account beforehand.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    3) That's how the building system works. Pavel is not sure if the snapping system could work to "fix" this, so we'll see. But the best course of action is to build with a plan and take this behavior into account beforehand.
    I hope the snapping system will "fix" this. If not, can we have an undo button? I managed to split large structures into 2 separate grids several times by accidentally deleting a block. Currently there's no way to merge them again unless I rebuild one of the two halves. Which is kinda PITA, especially with large structures.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    FYI: Edit is not bumping the thread.

I can see these issues bugging the hell out of you. Let's get to them.

1) This is something we're trying to eliminate with a "snapping" feature - Instead of having to point at the surface, when you place a block next to an existing grid it will snap to it - very likely with an extra key pressed while placing.

2) Although creative mode, the alpha version of the jetpack is a bit different (has fuel) as we didn't want Nomads to be able to reach space which is still WIP (as it turned out Nomads can't be stopped). In the later version of creative mode the jetpack will not drain energy. As for the hovering I was able to talk Tomas into it and he'll give it a shot

fyi cant bump the thread with a new post due to a 10 word minimum although I could.. bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump it

1:- snapping sounds grate and I'm sure it will work, "as not been the SE team that's fixing it" (did I type that out oh dear)
    2:-"As for the hovering I was able to talk Tomas into it and he'll give it a shot" Tomas I and all the other NOMADS BELIVE IN YOU!
    3:-I do plan put like all grate plans they are subject to change, BUT I will live with it "for now"

thanks for the replay as all ways and to you and the nomads team I give a thumbs up

Last edited by Nomad Dave; 11-10-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Commander Caractacus Pott's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    issue 3 can be most annoying. it caused a large section of a vehicle to fall off.
    The ability to "join" separate groups of blocks would be nice and would resolve this. space engineers managed it with the merge block.
    this is just an idea though, I don't know if it is feasible (I'm not a programmer).
    Jolly good show!