Thread: TOP SECRET - all SECRETS revealed!!!

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad JUNKASAURUS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TOP SECRET - all SECRETS revealed!!!

Sorry to disappoint, but I deleted the majority of the videos. Go create some cool stuff and share it on Youtube.

This is the last thing I worked on. Enjoy! : D

Last edited by JUNKASAURUS; 19-11-2017 at 03:52 AM.

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNKASAURUS View Post
    MULTIPLAYER!? GET OUT OF HERE!

SAY WHAT!!!!??? Could this be real?

What is this thing that you are showing us Junkasaurus? Are you a junk-a-hacker or something?
    Planet Nomads is an amazing game! What other things are hidden in this game that none of us know yet. Maybe something really up high, or deep below, what other easter eggs are there waiting to be found?

stop lying I know the truth here its not multiplayer you have gone and found the secret remote-control block haven you, ;D

nice videos pal

if you want a basic free editor I use DVD video soft Free studio http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm it also has other handy tools and above all no watermark JUST OPT OUT of the bundled tool bars and search bar crap they have to bundle with it
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 02-10-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    had to crane my neck over to watch this (pun intended) BUT how the hell do you have that balanced on 2 wheels and why has it not shot into space>
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I posted the hinge and rotors not connecting in a post I made if we get the ability to connect them just think what can be done
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 10-10-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nicely compiled all this

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome projects. If you're still looking for a free video editor, well Blender 3D is free, it's a full 3d graphics package but the editor it offers is pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    And there I was, thinking you've explored every possible life-hack / exploit / feature there is in the alpha

Love the functioning catapult! How did you tense up the hinges to do what they did?

Update is coming tomorrow - there are only static blocks, so there shouldn't be that many (if any) secrets to uncover, but one never knows with you
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    wow Junk,
    these are all amazing
    i'm still loling over the tree delivery system XD

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I got finals I need to study for, I finally got to updating that car I was building XD
    At first it was super buggy, but I made some changes and figured out how to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love stuff like this.

It's like that time I found myself standing on a giant floating space cassette tape in SWTOR after having glitched through the Black Talon flashpoint.

Do some people still have access to alpha until release, so they can test stuff like this out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNKASAURUS View Post
    Did you train your Planet Nomads dragon yet?

This is a project I've been working on lately. I was trying to get a feature to work which I will be discussing in a day or so. Although the results isn't what I desire this came to mind.

I will not be explaining how this works. It's not complicated, just annoying to explain by text.

Btw, this was not an accident. This is all thought out.
    LOL nice kite

Post Thanks / Like
    when you say annoying to explain by text, why dont you do a voice over on your videos?

Post Thanks / Like
    probably a eccentric mad man by going with what you invent ;), ether way i look forward to your videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is that swinging or moving on the bottom at 1:37? The planet isn't spinning... is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I do not have access to the game to do any sort of testing because I was only informed of Planet Nomads existence some weeks after the kickstarter closed. If preordering gave me access, I would, but from what I can tell, and I can't tell for sure, preordering only gives me access to whenever the alpha is released sometime this spring.

What do you mean by rockets? Have they added thrusters?

Edited: Oh, I see. That seems similar to the method UnknownWorlds use to process skyboxes in Natural Selection 2. I think the sun/stars that you're seeing are actually just tiny dots in a small box that basically works as a projector (you can't see this box because it's placed outside the map area, or is simply rendered invisible). Or at least that's how I created a cityscape in Natural Selection 2. I placed the skybox behind the spawn area and put all the tiny house, skyscraper, pipe models in there to project it inside the game to appear as massive objects from a distance. This might not even be how they're doing it at all, but it's a relevant theory I guess. If it's the case, however, it means that it's not a fundament for the making of a solar system later down the line, but just a skybox, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Hrafna; 23-01-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I caught wind of Planet Nomads via w4stedspace on YouTube while casually browsing through some of his Space Engineer videos.

I suppose if I had access to the alpha I would eventually attempt to reach space, and build something there, because creating space stations and ships with airlocks and hangars (with tiny ships inside them again) is always fun when pressurization is present, to find ways to minimize loss of oxygen whenever I enter/leave the construct, even though these things might not even be on the developer's plan at all, or on the plan as of yet. But, first I would create a moveable base on the planet, as if it was survival mode --- so suspensions, wheels, center mass, and gravity would probably be tested the most. And, if there isn't a "floor/ceiling" door/hatch, I would put that in the suggestion box, because when I build a moveable base like that it's always for the best design-wise to put the entrance/exit underneath the vehicle and find a way to create an elevator, rather than have the entrance/exit hang off the sides, front or back of the vehicle. I would also probably try and see if there was a way to create a proper railway system for underground bases / tunneling / mining using wheels or tracks, whichever works. And due to how I saw a meteor shower in a trailer, I would try and see if I could find a way to protect things like solar panels and wheels from that by either retracting solar panels into the ground or create these little blocks of light armor shields that can rotate or retract over these fragile things, perhaps both, depends what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling that the coder or coders at Planet Nomads development team really appreciates the way you go through your methods and explain why you think things behave the way they do, if not only because they can cross-reference your suspicion with what they have to see if it's really what's happening or not. I didn't watch through all the videos, but in the last couple of minutes in the first video you more or less describe how to solve an issue with the wheels (and possibly the handbrake), and I know that's gold worth to anyone remotely interested in coding.

if this != me then /*do*/ else /*don't*/ end

I mean, if what you said is really the problem, then that's more or less the condition they've forgot to add (or intentionally left out).

Ps. I could be wrong but I suspect the reason why it didn't work the way you intended at first is because you used suspension on the wheels, thus the wheels were given enough friction from the suspension to move somewhat. Is that possible, or was it just the angle of the vehicle.
    Last edited by Hrafna; 27-01-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    we have a voice to the videos

nicely done sir but sooooo not how i thought you to sound.