Thread: Mark your calendars because...

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad JUNKASAURUS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark your calendars because...

I'm sorry. This thread is no longer relevant. You can view my current thread here. << Including all Flight Vehicles.
    Last edited by JUNKASAURUS; 04-02-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome stuff man. I can't wait to see what more whacky stuff you make

Post Thanks / Like
    How on Earth are you doing that??!!! LOL
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well done sir thumbs up for that,
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNKASAURUS View Post
    OK! O_O My eyes hurt X| . I spent this afternoon trying out some final designs and boy nothing is working. The up and down works alone, and the propulsion works alone. The hovering works with the both of them together.

I'm gonna start recording how to construct the plane and the other mechanisms. I wish I could do a video & voice cast, but that would take me a bit longer. I'm gonna try to record and post it tonight. If not, tomorrow for sure will be up. I'm sorry for any delays, I was really hoping that at least one of my designs would produce a different result.
    this is just what happens when you try to deify the laws of physics
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn that is nice. I so need to play with this mechanic

Post Thanks / Like
    Man i wish we have a koop mode for such things.

"Sir I have send him to the moon" ^_^

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winner of the 'It's not meant to work that way' award.
    Last edited by Azirahael; 05-10-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's definitely not meant to work that way!

There are two main reasons we didn't incorporate flying in the alpha: the controls are not ready (should the WSAD control the general direction or individual thrusters/rotors?) and the outside space is not ready - the current version is work in progress that serves its purpose when looking from the ground, not so much during space travel.

We knew that because of the physics explosion/implosion bug people could get a glimpse of the "reality behind the curtains", but thought these quick flashes would be OK. We did not anticipate controlled space flights at all. So now that you named Asil Anoom, the truth is she doesn't have colliders, which is why you will fall through every time. She's a heartless one!

The team is divided between those who find your experiments extremely cool (me included) and those who find them cool, but are unhappy that it shows glitches and unfinished stuff. Even to the point of wanting to remove the magjack, but worry not, those in awe won't let them take it away I love how you are experimenting to the point of total ownage of the physics. So how do you do the controlled flights? Is it all about the wheel placement?

Didn't know the windmill was self propelling and what are the gear mechanism and Matrix Effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNKASAURUS View Post
    Self propelling windmill mechanism
    UFO mechanism
    Gear mechanism
    The Matrix Effect
    To answer your weight balance questions - the cockpit is a compact one-piece block, but the weight distribution follows the individual blocks.

We're not planning another KS campaign for Planet Nomads, and the proposed blocks are noted, although I'm sure cables are not coming (way too much computing) and wouldn't know about spring either, but could be doable.

Thanks again for all the experimenting! Two weeks ago we were presenting Planet Nomads to other devs in Prague and told them how we worked the wheel physics to work not just on the bottom like in racing games, but 360°so people could build these things... and then we showed them your wall climbing spider

I'm tempted to say you've explored all the possibilities, but then again I thought so with your third achievement, so I'll be just waiting with my breath held.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke