Thread: 16 wheels, 24 suspention points, 5 rotors, 16 generators ATV

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

16 wheels, 24 suspention points, 5 rotors, 16 generators ATV

id just like top share my go-any-were ATV with super articulated suspension

cockpit view before I changed the generator design till the same sort of view

suspension articulating

top view of rotors working along suspension

id like to shape it more but the weight of blocks is "not at its best" shall we say,

if anyone has a ide on how to more articulate/improve the suspension id like to here from you

Thanks.

Dave
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 11-09-2016 at 10:50 AM.
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Only one question - how does the super articulated suspension work in practice?
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    Only one questions - how does the super articulated suspension work in practice?
    like a charm

id do a video but don't have the resources to capture it and upload it :( if someone out there can copy the design and do this for me id be grateful,

failing that point me in the right direction of capturing and uploading (FOR FREE) thanks not using Youtube
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully small bushes will be set to not have collision physics, so large vehicles like this can go further, faster.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    For capture I'd say "recordmydesktop" but that is linux software. I'm sure you could find alternatives.
    For upload, dropbox would work if you don't need to have it online forever.
    100% linux gaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleon View Post
    For capture I'd say "recordmydesktop" but that is linux software. I'm sure you could find alternatives.
    For upload, dropbox would work if you don't need to have it online forever.
    thanks but I'm on windows, iv looked into the upload and can use my one drive, so all I need now is a good free windows 10 capture system

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Dave View Post
    thanks but I'm on windows, iv looked into the upload and can use my one drive, so all I need now is a good free windows 10 capture system
    If you GPU is NVidia you can capture via ShadowPlay. You can also try PlayClaw, I've used it when GPUs were not encoding video on the fly. It captures video with light compression.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    OBS is free to use. Thats Open Broadcasting Software. Can both captue and stream. Its what i use for all my videos. Might have a go at replicating your design looks interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morgun View Post
    If you GPU is NVidia you can capture via ShadowPlay. You can also try PlayClaw, I've used it when GPUs were not encoding video on the fly. It captures video with light compression.
    yes my card is Nvidia what else would it be LoL will try it out thanks hope my little 960FTW will cope

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpaw View Post
    OBS is free to use. Thats Open Broadcasting Software. Can both captue and stream. Its what i use for all my videos. Might have a go at replicating your design looks interesting
    will also try this OBS, and yes feel free to try I had to build it on 2 high jacks and keep going from one side of the rotor to the next to "flip flop" it so I could place the wheels without it merging into the ground

the reword is grate however its a very capable design

Post Thanks / Like
    I DID IT

first ever video hope you guys like it. (yes I gave in and used youtube)

Maslostroj Developer asks " Only one questions - how does the super articulated suspension work in practice?" take a look pal;)

just waiting for talk talk to fix my very s%$t internet will finish uploading soon (I hope)
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 15-09-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I DID IT

first ever video hope you guys like it. (yes I gave in and used youtube)

Maslostroj Developer asks " Only one questions - how does the super articulated suspension work in practice?" take a look pal;)

just waiting for talk talk to fix my very s%$t internet will finish uploading soon (I hope)
    Hey Dave, make sure to mark it as unlisted, if it's on private, only you can see the video while the rest of us cannot. At least I think unlisted may work.

Post Thanks / Like
    my internet is soo slow its still uploading started at 7 pm ;( says it has 2h 30 min left

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah uploading higher quality videos takes a long time lol. Don't worry though, it'll be done soon enough

Post Thanks / Like
    processing. wtf THIS TAKS A FRICKING AGE !

ITS DONE 7 PM -11 PM WAW FIRST VID EVER hope you guys can see it ok and I di things right????

cough cough "Maslostroj" (bump)
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 16-09-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol that looks fun to mess around in, but it would suck if it flipped over.

Kickstarter Music Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    I already posted it on Twitter without realizing it was your work! Posting on FB with credit.

Not to mention it is an absolutely bombastic suspension system. Time to get filthy rich on selling the patent
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    I already posted it on Twitter without realizing it was your work! Posting on FB with credit.

Not to mention it is an absolutely bombastic suspension system. Time to get filthy rich on selling the patent
    no worry's glad you like it, Waite till you see the revision (when a rotor fix is made ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the design, well done, gave it thumbs up on YT. If you would have had comments enabled I would have posted there as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA) View Post
    Love the design, well done, gave it thumbs up on YT. If you would have had comments enabled I would have posted there as well
    noted and changed in you tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    noted and changed in you tube.
    Great, comment added