Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your plans for gameplay once the game is released?

Post Thanks / Like

What's your plans for gameplay once the game is released?

Hi all,
    I'm really interested in finding out what y'all are planning to do once PN is playable.
    Do you plan on staying on 1 planet for a while? building a massive jawa-esque sand crawler? space station?

Personally, I'm planning on building a few small landing areas with fueling stations and power distribution,
    not to mention a )rather end-game) massive planet destroying spaceship XD.

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 123kingmat View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm really interested in finding out what y'all are planning to do once PN is playable.
    Do you plan on staying on 1 planet for a while? building a massive jawa-esque sand crawler? space station?

Personally, I'm planning on building a few small landing areas with fueling stations and power distribution,
    not to mention a )rather end-game) massive planet destroying spaceship XD.

Look forward to hearing what you think!
    Well I will probably start out small but my one problem with these type of games is I like to build epic things. Wish I still had the save file of the minecraft build I did of the largest container ship in the world. lol. Or the build where I built a replica of the space shuttle on the launch pad. But alas they went the way of the dodo along with my old hard drive. Oh well just have to go bigger and better in Planet Nomads :p;) And this time I will be recording my builds

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant wait to start replicating real life vehicles, and fun little buggies.

Zooming across plains until I clip a rock and go flying.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to build a sprawling underground cave base like I do in most similar games. Dig down and build baby!

Also very interested in space station bases!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to see a multiplayer! :-)

Kickstarter Builder Nomad sharpshifter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll probably build small outposts and functional (i.e. ugly ;)) vehicles until I find the most awesome-looking landscape/scenery, then set up properly there.

And if I happen to find even-more-awesome-looking scenery later on then, well, that's where I'm hoping we can just attach wheels or engines to anything and move it!

As much as I'd like to be able to have a big(ish) airborne mobile fortress/carrier, along the lines of S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, I would only try it if there's a power system that doesn't rely on ground resources to keep running.

Also wondering how multiple bases will work, potentially on different planets, like if you're on planet B and your base on planet A got attacked, would you be told and be able to react or just go back one day to find a smouldering wreck?

Also also wonder if we'll be able to put our creations (whether it be a base module or another vehicle) inside other bigger vehicles to take them with you.

Sorry my mind's going nuts.. so many things to think about!
    Last edited by sharpshifter; 22-01-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Yet another thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshifter View Post
    Also also wonder if we'll be able to put our creations (whether it be a base module or another vehicle) inside other bigger vehicles to take them with you.

Sorry my mind's going nuts.. so many things to think about!
    That'd be really cool actually, almost like making a big crane, attaching it to the section then breaking it off. Lifting it onto your sand crawler and then re-attaching it

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad CosmicTony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually hoping we get triggers, switches and levers fairly early in the Alpha. Being able to build a base that not only works for sustainability but can also do it without my direct input would be cool.

In a year or so, whenever they put in space travel, I will definitely already have a good plan for a space station and how to service it. Unfortunately if the 'End Game" is all only about more and more building projects then I would likely move on. However depending on the power of the procedural system, exploring may be pretty interesting. If seeing new life forms and finding a super rich planet is possible within a seed that will keep my attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Big ass tracked vehicle and then transport ship
    "The planet is fine. The people are fu**ed." ~George Carlin

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'll build a fast little buggy and go out looking for somewhere with plenty of resources where I can build a makeshift base to survive in while I construct a massive planet crawling mobile base to explore the world

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to recreate seances from my science fiction books.

My main building project will be a set of 5 towers all connected with walkways.

I am also thinking on making a giant death slide from a tower, just to see how it works, I might then turn that one into a type of vehicle track, but not sure yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mechanoid View Post
    I think I'll build a fast little buggy and go out looking for somewhere with plenty of resources where I can build a makeshift base to survive in while I construct a massive planet crawling mobile base to explore the world
    Something similar here Then later when orbital flight and space travel is introduced, I'd build a heavy carrier, which can take my crawler to orbit. Then dock to my interplanetary transport ship and move to an other planet.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Comrade Jenkens's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna start small and simple. A small buggy or flyer and a base to live in. From the I should be able to start finding out what the games limits are...

Kickstarter Precious Nomad glek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to build a land cruiser, a massive mobile base with everything I need inside it. Long term, once they add space flight, I want to build a capital ship to take the cruiser to other planets.
    "And so I close realizing the end has not yet been written" - Atrus, Myst, 1992

Kickstarter Hologram Nomad Crazy_Diamond's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll definitely be building some form of tank and finding a nice plateau to build my base in from the side of. Hopefully, we'll be able to have elevators so I can have a method of getting my tank back in and out of my base's high entrance.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we get programmable blocks that move -- sliding doors -- then I will make a hanger base in the side of a cliff.

Post Thanks / Like
    My plan.... build a mobile base, with the minimum requirments to survive. I'll drive off and park it somewhwere. In it will be a smaller buggy for exploration, to explore the area around the place where I parked my mobile base. Once I've explored the area enough, I'll move on to the next place. When I'm done with the planet, time to biuld a spacecraft and move to the next planet.

My alternative plan is to build a fast armed buggy, just drive out there and see how long I survive. Sure going to try that at one point in the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really excited for the hovercraft/propeller lift for atmospheric flight. My plans will be to build a huge underground/mountainside base and create aircraft with those to perform the exploration and collection duties I need.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I'm really excited for the hovercraft/propeller lift for atmospheric flight. My plans will be to build a huge underground/mountainside base and create aircraft with those to perform the exploration and collection duties I need.
    This is what I'm thinking of too... I just hope the game has a robust mapping function, so I can find my way back home easily.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My plan is dig a huge hole with depth 1 or 5 kilometers with elevator and huge digits, that show depth in meters. Then I will gather rare resources. On the bottom of my hole I will have length tonnels, when need use car or train.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    My plan is dig a huge hole with depth 1 or 5 kilometers with elevator and huge digits, that show depth in meters. Then I will gather rare resources. On the bottom of my hole I will have length tonnels, when need use car or train.
    I bet you played Minecraft I used that technique in MC.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never played in MC, and other sandbox games too. Only in one, very bad sandbox game. (if you interesting, write to private messages)
    Now I have few good games, but it very early alpha with minimal functionality.
    Last edited by Harrison; 07-03-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: mistake in word "minecraft"

Post Thanks / Like
    Transport, straight up my first to do thing. Then I'll expand it until I find good locations to setup bases, then once I've got that down I'll create aerial transport for quick movement between bases and a single aerial recon vehicle with long flight capabilities to find things.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to build a base, make the cruiser like in the trailer and go explore new wildlife & such

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad CosmicTony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already posted on the first page of this thread a while back, but I will also likely try to build a Train system. With towing and such I think it might be possible to try and build something on a set track that can service a few regions. Big project, but would be cool to attempt (if possible).
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan