Thread: Having fun with the game, doing a second challenge :)

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Having fun with the game, doing a second challenge :)

Besides wanting to build all kinds of things, I set 2 challenges for this game before release.. Reaching the core and circumnavigating (Thanks to Azirahael for the correct expression) the planet. The first one I finished day 2 or so, the second one is still ongoing. If you're interested in following it along, the first two videos are up:

Planetary Exploration Vehicle Science 1 is ready for exploration. I spawned up North and want to go South with it. This video shows various builds and improvements of the vehicle, but it still is not powerful enough to climb the mountains:

Problems, issues and trouble along the way..... with possible solutions. Still great fun doing this challenge:
    https://youtu.be/nj0AessjDcA

New vehicle, new chances, excellent progress. Got very far with this vehicle and a lovely change of biomes:

Getting nearer the equator, had to abandon my vehicle due to the terrain:

The journey south continues. I'm now passing the equator, making good progress, judging by the weather changes:

Getting closer to the South Pole, really close now. Partly on foot in my journey and partly with wheels again, thanks to the alpha 0.3.2.... which rocks! Due to a limit of 5 videos per post, part 6 is in one of the replies below, or watch it by clicking here: https://youtu.be/S2cUxIfW5ys One final part to go on my journey.

My journey has ended, make sure you watch the final episode posted by me below or by following this link https://youtu.be/nj0AessjDcA. The last one is very interesting, don't miss the epic event happening in it.
    Last edited by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA); 22-09-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Added part 3, love the biomes I come across on my journey, they're so well done!

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice journey ! Thank you forsharing. Since i did not have time to play lately, it's nice to have a look at the biomes already available in the alpha.
    I was wondering about the time factor in game. It would be nice to have a watch or something to know how far the day or night is advanced ... Some player might build at night while exploring during daylight. ^^
    Anyway, this alpha is amazing *thumb up to the devs*

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing these vids! I'm pretty sure the upcoming update will make this a more satisfying journey with improved vehicle physics

Timer noted. Thanks for the kind words.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Circumnavigating.

The word you're looking for is 'circumnavigating.'

Bet that took a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments! I'm a lot further in my journey already, gather some more footage but still need to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    Thanks for sharing these vids! I'm pretty sure the upcoming update will make this a more satisfying journey with improved vehicle physics

Timer noted. Thanks for the kind words.
    Did I somehow add that or did you? Don't recall adding a timer or share button, is that good or bad?

Looking forward to the improved vehicle physics a lot, I'm sure it will help me out on the second part of my journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    Circumnavigating.

The word you're looking for is 'circumnavigating.'

Bet that took a while.
    Thanks, I'll correct that. At times, not being a native English speaker is a hinderance Yes, it took a while and I'm only halfway through my journey. It's fun though. Roughly I'd say I've traveling for 5-6 hours now.
    Last edited by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA); 06-09-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The journey continues, pushing further to the South of Planet Alpha.... video 4 added

Post Thanks / Like
    The journey south continues. I'm now passing the equator, making good progress, judging by the weather changes. New video added, check the original post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently I'm only allowed 5 videos in the thread, so #6 will be here. I'm getting really close to the South Pole, really close. Partly on foot in my journey and partly with wheels again, thanks to the alpha 0.3.2.... which rocks! Enjoy part 6, one more part to go. Enjoy!

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the rear suspension design you have interest me, nice videos will we be getting a E-W as well?
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Dave View Post
    the rear suspension design you have interest me, nice videos will we be getting a E-W as well?
    I can do a little tutorial on it, make a video on how I build it, but you most likely can figure out the design from this video already. I'm going East to West at the moment actually, but it's not that interesting for a video, since biomes do not change. It's an enjoyable ride, but not really you tube material so far (even though I'm recording bits and pieces).

Post Thanks / Like
    The final episode is here, don't miss it. Watch me reaching the goal and go where none has gone before. Pay especially attention to the event happening after the 5 minute mark..... something epic, something I've never experienced in any game before.

A huge thank you to the development team of Planet Nomads for making this marvelous journey possible!