Thread: [Fixed] [HIGH PRIORITY] Rotors not rembering there oriantation after load

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb [Fixed] [HIGH PRIORITY] Rotors not rembering there oriantation after load

Game Version: 0.3.1
    Simple Description: (as titled)

Detailed Description: so this is a little bug? after making my awesome ATV with my suspension and doing some work on it to make it even awesomer after this post https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...allways+wanted

I have unfortunately come across the issue that when I load up my game the suspension on the rotor has been flipped, now I know rotors are "experimental for now" but id thought id just make you aware of it and see if anyone has had the same problems or not,

How to Reproduce: just keep saving and loading

Log file: N/A
    DXdiag: N/A

regards

Dave
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Orientation of the rotation axis, you mean? So they rotate in 90°angle instead?
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    i place my blocks for eg wheels built off of the rotor facing down like in the pic I then save the game and exit

when I come back and reload the game the blocks will be facing a different direction (witch means my wheels are upside down and suspension) or some other random direction not the one I saved them in like in the pitcher

updated design the two wheels before saving were on the down position now the upside down :(

it not matter if the design is on or off a car jack block so I can be driving then save load back up and there the wrong way round (sometimes)

but its all very random direction every time I load up a game.

thanks for the replay its very nice that all are problems get seen ASAP we all appreciate the responses and effort you continue to give,
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 06-09-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    before save

after exit and game load

as you can see it has "flipped" one side, hope this gives you a idea of what is happening its just slowed my 1 idea down for the ultimate ATV

all wheels in the game just above the ground so they cant spin that far around in game.
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 06-09-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    bump what ever was in the patch seems to have fixed this. Thanks a million guys

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not fixed for me. Was working on an articulated vehicle after the patch came out. Saved reloaded and the trailer was rotated about 90 degrees to the right.

Update. Well tonight when I loaded the game to start the stream my vehicle had chosen another position. I will let the first 10 minutes of the video speak for me.

I would maybe recommend increasing the priority of this bug as it caused a major physics issue with my game resulting in a crash.
    Last edited by Darkpaw; 19-09-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    started a new thread on a high priority

https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...=7752#post7752

Post Thanks / Like
    I've changed the priority of this thread. Please dont make duplicate threads, just pm me if you can't edit the title

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    I've changed the priority of this thread. Please dont make duplicate threads, just pm me if you can't edit the title
    sorry never thought my bad :(

bump ;)

bump 2
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 28-09-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing it up to Pavel's attention. Sorry about the delay.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    Bringing it up to Pavel's attention. Sorry about the delay.
    Thank you so much,

I understand you have many things to do and we will all get there one day,

big thumbs up to you and the team.

Post Thanks / Like
    We could use some thumbs up, thanks Nomad Dave! Pavel says it's fixable and asked me to add it to his TO-DO-LIST in Pivotal Tracker, which I did
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Did a test by placing some blocks such that a similar vehicle with front and back sections separated by a rotator could not (with real physics of course) rotate beyond about 30-35 degrees, but upon loading the exact same thing happened. Naturally, jacking it up with one of those hover jacks would not let me fix it, because once loaded the blocking blocks worked and prevented the back part from moving to its proper orientation.

Post Thanks / Like
    A teaser bump.
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    A teaser bump.
    hummmmm looks like i will be able to build a old ATV design

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soo, we will see rotors ingame again soon?
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.