Thread: My thoughts after 5 hours.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Post My thoughts after 5 hours.

Hey everyone,
    My name is mrwizard70 and I'm hoping to become a regular around here!
    I have a few comments, a few concerns, and a few questions.

Comments;
    If you get this physics system working with a survival mode that is actually challenging, you'll be filthy rich. Please prove me wrong, but that's going to be a huge bitch.

The buildvision system is a great addition to the above, you just need to refine it a bit.

Concerns and questions;
    Your physics system is ambitious to the extreme, and also broken af. I have a reproducible bug where anything with more then 20 blocks on it goes is extremely glitchy, and anything above approx 50 goes on a trip to space. How soon can I build cargo 18wheelers?

NPCs are apparently not a thing at all. Are they planned?

The game either has little variability in generation, or a heightmap. Can you confirm that generation is so similar because of alpha?

How will energy be generated? Will we need cables?

How will multiplayer or pvp work?

Do we have a discord server?

- - - Updated - - -

teleportation/ broken physics issue is not related to lights.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a ten wheeled truck working for five minutes before it went to space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mrwizard70,

Glad to have you join the family :P

Just to let you know, if you encounter a bug, please report it if it's not already posted or just add in using the template on the alpha bug pages. Right now devs are just gathering up all the info on bugs so I'm pretty sure the next update will focus on addressing those issues. I'm not a dev or anything but I've been supporting the project for little while and I think I can provide some answers if that's okay. You've pretty much joined in the infancy of the game, It's very early in Alpha so they'll keep adding things as intended. There's not too much going on with the world and the environment because of the alpha right now but from what i've read it's actually pretty well thought out. There's more info about it on the game page if you scroll down. Also, multiplayer is a stretch goal and I don't know exactly how that'll work yet.

Here's a link for how the planet is supposed to be generated and what things are going to be like:
    https://www.planet-nomads.com/2016/0...ion-revisited/

I don't know about any discord servers though. Anyways, hope that helped, I can only offer some speculation but Wazbat is more informed than I am and I'm sure he'll answer some question as soon as he sees this.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad LostPup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

On the topic of multiplayer, from my understanding it is planed. The aim of the stretch goal was they would be able to bring more people over from the mobile division to work on Planet Nomads and get MP out sooner, they understand that MP will be a big part of this game like most survival games. without it the game would just get stale and bored of survival after finishing the progression/doing what you need to do.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh - more with the "MP?!" posts? This has already been beaten to death on this forum.

There is no multiplayer, I don't believe the stretch goal was actually reached, and multiplayer should be a very distant idea until they actually get something playable. Last we heard, there were no plans to add multiplayer.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperMan View Post
    Ugh - more with the "MP?!" posts? This has already been beaten to death on this forum.

There is no multiplayer, I don't believe the stretch goal was actually reached, and multiplayer should be a very distant idea until they actually get something playable. Last we heard, there were no plans to add multiplayer.

So sorry, the first line of the post is " I'm new around here" thank you for letting me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperMan View Post
    Last we heard, there were no plans to add multiplayer.
    Are you sure about that? I know the stretch goal wasn't meat but that didn't mean that it would never be added. It may come later in development but I'm pretty sure multiplayer is something they'll really want to add

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad LostPup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    Are you sure about that? I know the stretch goal wasn't meat but that didn't mean that it would never be added. It may come later in development but I'm pretty sure multiplayer is something they'll really want to add
    Multiplayer is 100% planned http://prntscr.com/cd2d26 taken from a comment on their facebook page after i commented on someones mp post -_- again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwizard70 View Post
    So sorry, the first line of the post is " I'm new around here" thank you for letting me know.
    Don't take it personally, some people don't have the patience for questions from new members asking about things old members asked about ages ago, the way i look at it everyone started somewhere some are just smart and instead of trying to work it out they asked an informed community for help to get on their way allot quicker. it bugs me more then anything to see people not doing research before going on about a topic and giving the wrong information without even a disclaimer saying they may be wrong.

oh and like i said in the reply above MP is planned unlike what ViperMan thinks, unless you hear it from a developer or someone likely to be more informed like a moderator/super moderator, take answers with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by LostPup; 01-09-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure that the idea with stretch goals was that if they were met, they features would be added by Q1 EA. Achieving the stretch goals meant that things would get done faster. There was a video about it on the kick starter page a while back. I doubt that they changed their minds.

Post Thanks / Like

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. My apologies, oh haters of the internet.

I was referring to this post - where the Developer said "maybe in a year after the initial release."

https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...layer-question

In my book - and I'm only speaking as a Senior Project Planning/Project Controls professional - that means, "We don't have plans for it, but it's something we're sorta thinking about making considering looking in to..."

In the meantime, go visit the forums of Empyrion: Galactic Survival and Space Engineers - both games Craneballs has specifically called out as "inspiration," and gleam from those sites why adding multiplayer to a game while single-player is still a work-in-progress doesn't often bode well for the developers.