Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Your ideas for making PN better

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some ancient ruins would be cool to explore, some under ground ancient mines, or bunkers.
    A place like Rome !

An easier way to fuel buggys early in the game.

More weapons.

The ability to create and set traps.

Better explanation in tutorial of how fuel systems work.

A FLAME THROWER Please !

The ability to start fire / fires.

Flowing water.

Ropes and the ability to climb.

Air pressurization of vessels / buggys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a new player in Planet Nomads and I'm really impressed by the game. Awesome work!

I have a little suggestion for indoor lights:
    I thought it would be possible to attach them to the
    indoor
    side of walls. I made a room with Reinforced Walls but can't attach the Indoor Light on the right side. It's only possible to attach them to the outside of the room. Maybe it's possible to change this because it was really confusing.

Thanks again for your awesome work

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got the game, first time playing, not bad, I know it's early, but it looks good right now.

My problem is that I made a vehicle and had to power the 6 wheels with 4 batteries. Then added another battery for accessories.
    It's a pain in the butt to have to manage a bunch of batteries manually.
    Couldn't the batteries be turned into "electric engines" or "electric generator, and then another part be made the battery holder?

My problem is that, since I don't want to forget the thing powered, (or have it waste power) I am putting only one battery in the battery holder, because I can't just turn off all of those devices at once when I roam around without the truck.

Maybe another part could be an on/off switch, that we'd bind the same way as we bind power, then I could fill all the batteries holders, and then turn them on/off.

Or if the battery holders could use conveyors, that would help too with the refilling part at least.
    (I'd just put the minimum amount of batteries in the container hooked to the battery holder/engines.)

Right now, needing to feed one battery holder per wheel is really annoying.
    And it's not a multiplayer game, so it's not as if I can compensate the lack of automation by having a "crew" either.

There's just something missing right now, which makes me hate anything more than a very very basic vehicle. :-(

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would quite like to see a 1/1/3 vertical coil suspension system as it allows alot more creative freedom with suspencion systems for exable the christie suspention system used by tanks also a weld feature connecting two systems together would be much apriciated.
    if it aint broke, brake it and see if you can make it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigs View Post
    Just got the game, first time playing, not bad, I know it's early, but it looks good right now.

My problem is that I made a vehicle and had to power the 6 wheels with 4 batteries. Then added another battery for accessories.
    It's a pain in the butt to have to manage a bunch of batteries manually.
    Couldn't the batteries be turned into "electric engines" or "electric generator, and then another part be made the battery holder?

My problem is that, since I don't want to forget the thing powered, (or have it waste power) I am putting only one battery in the battery holder, because I can't just turn off all of those devices at once when I roam around without the truck.

Maybe another part could be an on/off switch, that we'd bind the same way as we bind power, then I could fill all the batteries holders, and then turn them on/off.

Or if the battery holders could use conveyors, that would help too with the refilling part at least.
    (I'd just put the minimum amount of batteries in the container hooked to the battery holder/engines.)

Right now, needing to feed one battery holder per wheel is really annoying.
    And it's not a multiplayer game, so it's not as if I can compensate the lack of automation by having a "crew" either.

There's just something missing right now, which makes me hate anything more than a very very basic vehicle. :-(
    Just wait some more weeks, in the novemberupdate, the electricity will change as explained here: https://www.planet-nomads.com/2017/0...le-base-wheel/

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the game a few days ago. I'm really enjoying the game. I played a lot of sandbox game.

Game Played:
    Ark: Survival Evolved
    Empyrion-Galactic Survival
    Space Ebgineers
    Subnautica

I have a few idea, and I'm sure that the all be mention before, but I say it again.

1. A smaller engine for vehicle
    2. Weapon for vehicle
    3. Abilities to fill in hole
    4. Power display outside of the tab interface
    5. Fix for conveyor system for Mining Drill to wall conveyor port. I have set up three Drill and have connected them all with conveyor up to a wall port. From the wall port to a container but the item stay in the Drill and I can't see the Drill through the container

I work on finding other things that i would like to see, and I look forward to see what you do with the info I given

Post Thanks / Like
    1. those are planned

2. Someday maybe, but first all vehicle options (up to spaceships) need to added. (I see no need for vehicle weapon; I would like vehicle mining and tunnel making that also be used as a weapon.)

3. Desirable, but hard to code and that developer time is best spent elsewhere.

4. I would like a power on/off button in machine inventory panel, plus power on lights for all powered objects.

5. Conveyors can be tricky, some time they look connected but they are not. Try deleting the wall-w/port, place it again with your crosser pointing at the conveyor.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent this weekend playing with current version (0.8.2). It's quite nice, but...

UI Clutter
    ========

Build vision - it's better than it used to be, but... maybe I don't need to know how full my numerous compact containers are when I'm trying to place an air blade. There are probably other things to automatically turn off if I'm trying to place a block. Or... maybe approach it from other direction, start by turning off everything (like when connecting wires) and then maybe think if there is anything at all that is important enough to show when placing.

Speaking of containers - I don't think I *EVER* needed to know how full they are when in build vision. If I do, I look inside. And removing their icons would cut clutter amount by about half. Maybe add several build vision modes? One for "everything", the other one "problems" (with full container NOT being considered a problem, only red icons).

Building console - How about sorting the list by block name? It's usable when number of blocks is small (but ultimately useless because everything in reach anyway then). But I get absolutely lost every time I try to use it on my boat. 22 hover pads, 3d printer, radar, containers etc... There is long list of installed components. Everything that has at least one option in the radial menu, in what looks like random order (maybe based on the 3d distance to the console? Definitely not the build order). Even the floating foundations themselves. Sorting by name would a) group same components together and b) give me an option to reorder them.

Renaming blocks feels unfinished, I know of no easy way to see their names. It would be nice if it was more accessible - my switchboard panel is getting a bit unwieldy (see screenshot). My idea is new radial menu item named "important", default is off. It's a boolean flag, items that are set as important would have the name floating nearby on mouseover. Or just do it for all renamed items, without extra flag - if I went the trouble to rename the block, it's probably important enough to have easy access to the text. Or at least show the name when I point at the central icon in the radial menu.

Planetary map and adding notes - blocks can already be renamed, and some of them show on the map - how about to combine the two features and display their renamed text instead of stock one? Right now when I rename the solar beacon attached to my ship, the world map still shows "solar beacon (arctic tundra)". Edit: When I loaded my game today, map used the renamed text. Except for the beacon I placed to test this which stayed as "Solar beacon 2" even after rename. So... just a bug with update after rename.

Bugs
    ====

Electricity 2.0 - pretty neat overall. It even handles things like batteries that stop drawing power from the grid when they are full. But there are many other things that have "inactive" state. Air blades that are set to "grounded" and I'm not in the cabin. Factories that don't produce anything. Maybe even the radar when it's not busy scanning. Turning off all engines when I land can be approximated by a switchboard, but it feels more like a workaround. I doubt helicopter pilots IRL have to land, use their hoverpack to get on the roof of their vehicle and flip a switch there to preserve their fuel supply. And do it in reverse when running from pack of angry gorillas. They probably just turn a key in the ignition, from inside the cabin.

Hover mode bug - if I descend underwater in hover mode, the gravity still behaves if I was in the air -> I sink as a brick, slide on sloped ocean bed etc. Spacebar is able to get me back to surface, but very slowly. There are other ways to encounter this glitch, this is one I can reproduce constantly. Good thing that spacesuit 4 consumes oxygen so slowly that the rate is negative (I tried getting the low oxygen condition in suit 1. If I equip suit 4 then, the red icon disappears after few seconds). Which itself may be another bug. I wouldn't mind if this was intentional, but if it is, I'd expect description to mention such "unimportant detail".

Animal/plant attack splash radius - those are much larger than what vision suggests. Dodging is practically impossible, unless I'm already running in suitable direction.

Animal respawn - trying to thin the herd with a car is futile. New animals appear much faster than I can get rid of them.

This turned out to be quite a wall of text, but most of them are small QoL things, the game is in very good shape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by huan; 12-12-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terminal sorting? Doesn't really solve it. I'd prefer a favorite option like in the block list. My faves at the top, the other 50 useless blocks below. Filtering by name/type would help too for the rare case where I actually use the terminal to maybe switch all air blades to hover or something like that.
    100% linux gaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Active and powered radar should show it's reach on the map. Just a simple circle what will be scanned if I activate it now, no terrain.

Post Thanks / Like
    At first I did not see much usefulness in radars, but I switch from a 24k planet to a 14k planet and now I like it.
    But the elevation map is really the only useful part.
    Currently the radar does not detect any new POIs, the 2K radius for POI detection needs to be increased.

I’m guessing there are plans for future updates that would make keeping radars powered, desirable.
    (I could see radars detecting radiation storms, meteor showers, or mega swarms of killer space bees. )

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I like it. The game currently lacks goals, exploring the planet completely is acceptable substitute for now. And radar image is definitive marker "I've been here, nothing more to find". Plus sometimes it helps to know if the channel I see is a dead end or if I can sail through. I just hate when I miscalculate the radar area and there is small black dot or thin stripe left - which happened more than once. My ship isn't the fastest thing around, and since I can't un-scan area, I have to sail full way to the unexplored spot to correct it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Building mode definitely need a visual helper (a green dots for example) showing which blocks will connect a new one. This will be the life saviour to prevent a situation when you ended up with separated conveyor pipes by mistake. Furthermore, it would be nice to see which blocks are currently connected together (maybe some view option).

Post Thanks / Like
    After playing the game focusing solely on building, here's a few things that I found was missing or would be an improvement.

1. Gears, cranks, straps, or any other way to transpose a rotating movement into something usable or bring it to a different location. In the game's current state, it's easy to build a rudimentary engine that generates a circular motion (like the one I use in my rotating building: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...g-surfaces-bug), but there is no way to transform it into, say, horizontal or vertical motion. I just can't find a way to create a cog design that will be able to transmit the torque. For this reason, all my attempts at building a garage door opener system has been met with failure. Once I even tried with wheels, but as soon as I turned it on, the door started to jerk and then flew right into space!

2. Building automation. As I perused the forum, I saw that a lot of people were asking for a blueprint system to be implemented. This is a great idea that I would like to push even further: I suggest a building robot that can learn and replicate whatever the player has been building, just like a macro in Windows. For example, lets say that I'm building a rover. First, I would 'activate' my bot to let it know that it should starts learning, then I would build my rover. Once it's done I would 'activate' the robot again to make it stop learning, and from now on, I would be able to ask my robot to build me an identical rover whenever I need. This would be great for tall building: you just build the first level and let the robot build the rest. You could just ask it to repeat it 15 times and bang, one day later you have a brand new 15 story building! Wouldn't it be fun just watching it work? I, for one, would love to.

3. More versatility with the building blocks. I would love to have the possibility to edit a block that is already attached. Sometimes I try to attach a specific bloc in an intricate location, only to see it spin 90 right before I click. It's even worse when it's stuck between rotating surfaces or hanging from a hinge. It can be quite frustrating when you have to try again several times for each of a long row of blocks... Talking about hinges and stuff, it would be nice to have the option of attaching a part that is built on a hinge or a rotating plate back into the fixed frame, whenever it's mechanically possible. Also, being able to effectively lock the moving parts while you build would make it much easier to build complex articulations.

These are my main suggestions. And by the way, thanks to the developers, even as is the game is a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Option for playing your own background music. Still allow the danger track to kick in.

Give the crashed alien sites blueprints to build a space shuttle (mass effect type) and spread the prints all over the map. Leaving the planet could lead to DLC or another game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Death saves, please make this optional, to me it makes no sense to save your death only to respawn to have to attempt to find your body and retrieve your items, EI I save and die it over writes my last save and loose all my items very frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everybody,
    new on the forum I love planet nomads just a few bugs sometimes
    my buggy that disappears or my drone who after a landing on a
    mountain found at the
    down ... it will be cool to have as for like a
    drone a switch "return at home and an "automatic pilot" switch
    thank so much for this game and i'm sorry i'm for my spelling i'm french.
    Franky.

- - - Updated - - -

...when you flying would be nice to add the "translation" moving whith the airplane drone

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi frankysurf and welcome to the forum!

I did not exactly understand what or how disappeared you, but if you've just lost your vehicle, you can use beacons, they have a function to track your buildings on compass / map. We do not plan to add any auto-piloting now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Martin
    i send a picture to explain!
    For the piloting of the aircraft had you planned lateral movement (translation movement in french) like helicopter.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]MyBuggy[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7204/KlKvXB.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/9964/daTsBk.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by frankysurf; 09-02-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would really help to have a switchboard connector range indicator.

Currently you select connect and have no indication of the range of the connection, the connect icon remains white whatever the range to the switchboard, until you mouse over a connectable object, then it shows if it is in range.

So the workaround for connecting items out of range is often relay switchboards, but you cannot see what range to place the relays, there is no range indicator on the switchboards you just have to guess and iterate.

So it would help to have the connect icon change depending on terrain distance or avatar distance or if there was a perimeter for the switchboard projected on the terrain when in connect mode.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea with switchboard range. We'll se what we can do.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's possible to update light beam of big beacon? I did not like this sharp end:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2b9wnad83...607_1.jpg?dl=0

This beam must be minimum x2 lenght more and fade out closer to the end. (alpha channel)

Post Thanks / Like
    just to report some misspellings for the French version...sorry but I go back to Planet Nomads!!!!GoGogoooooo!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

just to report some misspellings for the French version...sorry but I go back to Planet Nomads!!!!GoGogoooooo!!!!