Thread: Visual wheel speed indicator in buildvision

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Visual wheel speed indicator in buildvision

I think it would be nice to have indication of wheel speed directly in buildvision.

Maybe the rotation direction arrows could change color to red, yellow, green when their speed is set to low, medium, fast accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    The little arrow/pointer on the 'Set Speed' icon points to different direction according to the current setting.

On second thought, that's only visible if you look at it. Do you mean an indicator which is always visible in build vision? So if you turn on build vision, you immediately would see if a wheel is set to different speed than the others?

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And a glow or indicator for having power connected. The lines are often obscured by the build itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycephus View Post
    And a glow or indicator for having power connected. The lines are often obscured by the build itself.
    Agree on that. The easiest would if the Power On/Off icon would be greyed out if not connected to a power source. That would be sufficient for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indication on the pop-up would be a good minimum.

But since power is kind of critical, an icon or color highlight for no-power that shows on items that should be powered would be great.

For the OP, I think a little letter or number on the buttons for Speed, shock pressure, or other multi-level settings would be nice. Right now you have to look right at the block and also hover over the button. If the button had a little L, M, or H for the level settings, you could just look quickly at each item without maneuvering to get your cursor over the buttons. The two-state buttons do have this indication. It would be nice if the multi-state buttons had similar indication.

Or the direction indicator has a 'Slow', 'Regular,' or 'Fast' in the middle of the wheel direction arrow.

BUT these are the kind of things that you wait on, and don't do during the Alpha, because you want to see if concepts work, and if there isn't a better way to handle speed. So you don't waste time on little interface tweaks, and then all that work is wasted when it all changes.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fura View Post
    The little arrow/pointer on the 'Set Speed' icon points to different direction according to the current setting.

On second thought, that's only visible if you look at it. Do you mean an indicator which is always visible in build vision? So if you turn on build vision, you immediately would see if a wheel is set to different speed than the others?

Yes. I meant indicator that would be always visible in buildvision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe in addition to an arrow pointing in direction, additional pointers on the arrow for speed 1, 2, 3
    i.e. ------> becomes -------->> or -------->>>