Thread: The tilted vehicle game

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Frullo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The tilted vehicle game

I just had some great fun in bringing my vehicle back into it's operating Position, after tilting it by driving to fast. Just added blocks here and there until it tilted again - not straight back, mind you! I had to try it a few times, before getting it right!

What have you nomads experienced so far concerning the physics?

Kickstarter Builder Nomad sharpshifter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, adding blocks to correct the orientation, good thinking! When my buggy flipped I just repeatedly ran full speed into the side of it and eventually pushed it the right way up.

Also had evil suspension propel me into space at about 2500km/h, which was a funky sneak preview of space travel

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad KryptoSteel24's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The downforce on vehicles isn't enough and they slide around.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptoSteel24 View Post
    The downforce on vehicles isn't enough and they slide around.
    From what I've experienced with PN so far, I very much agree. The buggies tend to have little traction and tend to drift around a lot.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshifter View Post
    Ahh, adding blocks to correct the orientation, good thinking! When my buggy flipped I just repeatedly ran full speed into the side of it and eventually pushed it the right way up.

Also had evil suspension propel me into space at about 2500km/h, which was a funky sneak preview of space travel
    Why not build a roll cage effect into the builds, so if you flip it, it rolls over and back onto it's wheels?

Kickstarter Builder Nomad sharpshifter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblend View Post
    Why not build a roll cage effect into the builds, so if you flip it, it rolls over and back onto it's wheels?
    At first I tried adding a Robot Wars-style "srimech" (Self-Righting Mechanism for the non-roboteers out there ) but quickly realised the rotor doesn't actually take power or have a controllable rotation yet.

Will try a rollcage at some point though, thanks!

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshifter View Post
    At first I tried adding a Robot Wars-style "srimech" (Self-Righting Mechanism for the non-roboteers out there ) but quickly realised the rotor doesn't actually take power or have a controllable rotation yet.

Will try a rollcage at some point though, thanks!
    wider wheel base/and or stabilisers?
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    I dug my vehicle out by drilling the ground on one side then pushing it over until it rolled back onto its wheels. It was quick and surprisingly good fun.