Thread: Rotating blocks are they work in progress?

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotating blocks are they work in progress?

Build a windmill. Placed the rotator block. Adding the sails was a huge challenge since the rotating block keeps on rotating Once done, the block is in balance and stops rotating, even when unbalanced it stops after a while. How do I activate the block or is that not implemented yet? Right now you cannot connect them to the power supply, I assume that is going to be the case in time to come?

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you tried making a tube out of slope blocks and putting a powered wheel against it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah rotating blocks don't have an electricity functionality yet. If you hover over them in buildvision your cursor goes orange, implying that at some point they'll have a menu. You can also do that little trick Wojtek says of making a tube of slope blocks and using a wheel to spin it. Crude, but it works

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. I already figured out alternatives in before the release until they told me about the rotating blocks, so I was very curious about them. I'll wait patiently for them to be updated

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard about this problem a couple of times, so i gave it a try.. Made a windmill, with my very best creative thinking (yes, i know, it sucks)

20160828153735_1.jpg

I hoped the wind would catch the blades, and it would spin around. Guessing the wind doesnt have power yet.

But the block we all are using, isn't a rotor block like we know from games like Space Engineers.
    The description in the game doesnt even say its a rotor, but 2 plates with a ball bearing. So I quess this particlary block wasnt meant to be powered, but just as a free turning ball bearing thingy.

Of course, i would really like to see a powered rotor, where you can change the speed etc.
    But this block is also nice, the only thing im missing is that you can activate a lock on it to build easier, a setting to put how much friction on it that you want, and that the wind eventually has more power to build real windmills..
    Maybe the devs already have something like this in de planning, big blades with sail which will catch the wind to have power from the wind, or to make food

O, and you can use this one for towing behind a car/truck.. You got the hinge, which can serve as a thing for the up/down movement, and the rotating block for the left/right movement

Sorry for my crappy english, but Ill hope you can read it..