Thread: Build a new PC, what do you think?

Kickstarter Builder Nomad PitykePadavan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Build a new PC, what do you think?

Hey guys,
    I'm playnning to build a new pc which should costs $700-$1000

What do you think about this config:
    Ram: 2133mhz ddr4 2x8gb hyperx
    Procesor: intel core i5 650
    Vga: xfx/msi rx480
    Hdd: wd 7200rpm
    Power supply: fsp 500w hexa+
    House: coolermaster k282

(ssd not included)

If you can better config tell me please.
    Oh and what do you think about the VGA? A lot of people said that the rx480 is really reliable.
    But you know there is the gtx 1060 although this is grossly expensive in my country.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not buy the intel core i5 650, that's an old one and has only 2 cores. I would search for one that has at least 4 cores and is a bit newer. The rest is fine

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready Graphics Card, 1920 Core, 1607MHz GPU, 1797MHz Boost

Intel Core i5 4690K, S 1150, Haswell Refresh, Quad Core, 3.5GHz Base, 3.9GHz Turbo, 1200MHz

Asus Z97-P Intel Z97 Motherboard, S1150, DDR3, PCIe 3.0 (x16), M.2, D-Sub (VGA) DVI-D HDMI, ATX

8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Silver, PC3-17066 (2133), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 11-11-11-27, XMP, 1.5V

550W Corsair RM550x Series, 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular, Single Rail, 45.8A +12V, 1x135mm Fan, ATX PSU

around 880 top side for that not including a case/hdd much better you don't need DDr4 its a waste of money, and I'm no "fan boy but Nvidea do have better cards and the FTW 1070 will nock the pants off the card you are looking at as the majority of your cash should be spent on the GPU, that's why I saved on the RAM and a older gen motherboard as there is not much need for the one you have listed and 8GB should be fine (you can add more later) also upgrade to a I7"k"

hope you meant 6500 i5 and not a i5 650 LOL as 650 wont support ddr4
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 26-08-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i mean 6500

you mean $880 the whole computer minus (case + hdd)
    where should i buy the parts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PitykePadavan View Post
    yes i mean 6500

you mean $880 the whole computer minus (case + hdd)
    where should i buy the parts?
    were in the world do you live I'm in the UK converting to dollars it comes in for the parts I listed at $1155.97 that is buying all the parts and shipping in the UK from a expensive shop @ scan(dot)co(dot)uk. so I'm guessing there is a better price out there were you live,

a case is a case its what's inside that matters. also ebay if you can find someone selling a 2nd hand CPU and,or RAM,after thay have upgraded and don't need it

you will be $$in

herd good thing about newegg from people in the US. maybe have a look there?
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I ordered my PC from new egg some time ago (year+), an intel core i7 4790k cpu, nvidia gtx 970, msi gaming 5 mothebroard, 8 gb ddr3 nzxt s340 case, coolermaster h100i liquid cooling system and it was right around 1100.00 us....

sometimes you can hit new egg and see amazing one day sales events....

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to list hard drive - samsung evo 500 GB SSD Drive....
    Last edited by chalx71; 26-08-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave,

I disagree with your choice of ram, having 2 sticks of 4gb ram is worse than 1 stick of 8gb ram unless it's in dual channel then idk. I'd advise that you get 2 sticks of 8gb ram (ddr4) You may as well upgrade since or else you'll just have to do it later. i have a 6500 with a 1070 ftw and I'm able to play this on ultra without really going under 100fps. There is stuttering and some issues but that's cause of the memory leak problem this gaming is going through. Also, don't cheap out on a case like me XD I had to mod my case to fit all my parts so be sure to get a full tower case. You can get lucky with some mid tower cases but keep in mind that the 10 series gpus are pretty big, not sure about the 1060. Also there are combo deals on newegg which save you a decent amount of money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am from Hungary.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070: ~550$
    Intel Core i5 4690K: ~250$
    Asus Z97-P Intel Z97 Motherboard: ~100$
    8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Silver ~50$
    550W Corsair RM550x Series: ~100$

thats 1050$
    hmm yeah this is almost the same price...

need hdd , house, ssd , monitor

anyway, i think will wait some month, because the price will go down (mainly the 1070's)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solo View Post
    Hey Dave,

I disagree with your choice of ram, having 2 sticks of 4gb ram is worse than 1 stick of 8gb ram unless it's in dual channel then idk. I'd advise that you get 2 sticks of 8gb ram (ddr4) You may as well upgrade since or else you'll just have to do it later. i have a 6500 with a 1070 ftw and I'm able to play this on ultra without really going under 100fps. There is stuttering and some issues but that's cause of the memory leak problem this gaming is going through. Also, don't cheap out on a case like me XD I had to mod my case to fit all my parts so be sure to get a full tower case. You can get lucky with some mid tower cases but keep in mind that the 10 series gpus are pretty big, not sure about the 1060. Also there are combo deals on newegg which save you a decent amount of money.
    I was trying to get a way to save money so it can be spent on the GPU as ddr4 requires a newer motherboard and CPU and yes it was dual channel RAM so two sticks of 4GB for cost then later he could add another 2 sticks of any other amount

I recommended the ram as I two only have 2x4GB duel channel ddr3 ond have not yet maxed it out https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...t-do-you-think

don't forget if you need to see if things will go together look here:- https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/
    @PITYKEPADAVAN first time building? if you get a monitor just make sure it has display port so you can take full advantage of the GPU, saving then getting the best is the best way to go I did not have time to save and at the moment I'm on a FTW GTX 960 GPU but soon will have my 1080 classified

good look friend and what iv stated is just my thoughts at the end of the day its down to you what you get just take your time and get it right and you will have a pc the envy of all game consoles and MAC owners LOL

- - - Updated - - -

any dd3 duel channel RAM will be fine just like any mother board witch will accept the same CPU and RAM (with in reason)read reviews of them so you don't have to get the exact ones I specified so you will be able to get cost down that way as well,

if you find something you think will work I'm sure there is plenty of us here to help you out if you want advice and help.
    Last edited by Nomad Dave; 27-08-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can get
    i5 6600k $247.99
    Asus Pro Z170 motherboard $189.99
    corsair Vengence 2x8gb =16gb $74.99
    Corsair RMI 650 Modular $129.99
    MSI Gtx 1070 $499 all brand new
    but i got this same system got the i5 processor used from ebay and the motherboard with ram saved me a lot of money and as for performance i got 2 ssd samsungs on it and so far what ever game i throw at it i get very good fps no lag

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by --ALI-- View Post
    You can get
    i5 6600k $247.99
    Asus Pro Z170 motherboard $189.99
    corsair Vengence 2x8gb =16gb $74.99
    Corsair RMI 650 Modular $129.99
    MSI Gtx 1070 $499 all brand new
    but i got this same system got the i5 processor used from ebay and the motherboard with ram saved me a lot of money and as for performance i got 2 ssd samsungs on it and so far what ever game i throw at it i get very good fps no lag
    nice, in the past I have had trouble with MSI, but that is my own opinion and experience, and other people I'm sure have had good experiences.

its all ways nice to get deals on ebay but you all ways run a risk on 2nd hand goods. id never dream of getting a mother board 2nd hand

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of sites that offer some combo deals, like, if you buy a certain mobo+cpu or maybe even mobo+ram it'll give you a deal and cut the cost of both if you buy them together. you also have mail in rebates and evga will give you a game for free which you could easily sell for $40 or more. So there's quite a few ways to knock off the price when building a pc. I personally prefer EVGA gpu's but that's my own preference, I always ended up winning the lotteries with the clock speed :P like the core clock that evga mentions is 1607/1797 boost but I have 1900+. You also may want to be wary of the psu+the 1070, I think you should get at least 750W just in case. Also there's not that much of a performance gain between the i5-6500 vs the i5 6600k unless you're planning on ocing. We don't know if he is or not so it's safe to assume that we go with the 6500 since we're trying to save money all around. what do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    totally agree with EVGA part and they have very good warranties
    the evga 1070 says a min of a 500 W supply so yes putting a full modular 80+gold min at around 750w will be fine what you don't want to do is over kill the system with a massive 1000w+ PSU as it will be inefficient and a waste of $

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    for a 1000 us bucks ?

I5 6600
    ANY 150$ GOOD Z170 motherboard
    any good 80$ casing
    gtx 1070 is now avaiable for 420$ on amazon and newegg
    any good 600-650w psu
    16gb 8x2 ddr4 rams are now cheap af
    coolersmaster 212 cpu cooler

this will total you 1000-1100$ if you want more indetail parts and prices i can setup one for you

i recently made a pc for my gf so i know the idea of prices and what u can get in a 1000 buck range