Thread: Initial thoughts and suggestions.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Initial thoughts and suggestions.

The alpha is quite good. Runs better then expected, even on high settings. Driving is fun, bit tricky. I had to make the car twice to get the hang of the building. I like the retextured block. The character is cool and the jet pack is awesome. Love the power connections, it's nicely done.

A few suggestions....

1. Vehicle speed could be fine tuned. Low speed, isn't really low speed, I'm still able to go over 70km/h
    2. For creative mode building, a hover mode would be nice.
    3. Being able to crouch to put blocks under blocks. With the editor you could get really near to the ground, in the game you cannot. If you build on a slight slope and work your way down (or even with oneven terrain) you end up with floating blocks. Also when you elevate your building and create a stair downwards, you cannot lay the last few blocks
    4. The sun is too bright.
    5. The day and night cycle is off. The darkness is too long, the day should be longer.
    6. Will placing multiple blocks at once come back?

My first steps video shows the stairs and sun issues at the end
    Last edited by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA); 26-08-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Day length depends on latitude, so maybe you were nearer to the pole than the equator?

At the north pole, I had no sunrise at all.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Frullo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I may add a few suggestions:

1. Please allow to customize the control keys - especially for vehicles: As a lefty I'm more comfortable with the arrow keys than WASD.
    2. Please allow continuous driving (like continuous walking with "caps lock").
    3. When inside a vehicle, there should be a key to switch off the vehicle's lights.

Otherwise: Great work so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frullo View Post
    If I may add a few suggestions:

1. Please allow to customize the control keys - especially for vehicles: As a lefty I'm more comfortable with the arrow keys than WASD.
    2. Please allow continuous driving (like continuous walking with "caps lock").
    3. When inside a vehicle, there should be a key to switch off the vehicle's lights.

Otherwise: Great work so far!
    1. Yes, please. Or support AZERTY keyboards. Think about your french fans
    2. Yes, useful tip
    3. No need in creation mode, but very useful in survival !

Great job guys !

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd add some more traction to the wheels. My buggies are sliding a lot. Also agree with Ben regarding wheel speed. I only tried the slow setting so far, but controlling the cars was quite hard even on slow wheels because of the lot of sliding.

Otherwise the game runs surprisingly well, despite my not too high specs. I have an AMD FX6350, Radeon R9 270x and 8Gigs of RAM. Game ran smoothly on the default settings, although I haven't started to build large things yet. I'm looking forward to see how will it perform if I start to place a lot of blocks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fura View Post
    I'd add some more traction to the wheels. My buggies are sliding a lot. Also agree with Ben regarding wheel speed. I only tried the slow setting so far, but controlling the cars was quite hard even on slow wheels because of the lot of sliding.

Otherwise the game runs surprisingly well, despite my not too high specs. I have an AMD FX6350, Radeon R9 270x and 8Gigs of RAM. Game ran smoothly on the default settings, although I haven't started to build large things yet. I'm looking forward to see how will it perform if I start to place a lot of blocks
    I agree, it needs more traction indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's friction guys... friction. but yes the idea is here I feel like I'm in a bobsleigh when driving.
    I would love the build mode be "point and click" instead of "look and click". I don't know how feasable it might be though.

else so far Sooo good. keep up the awesome work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hiul dragonfel View Post
    It's friction guys... friction.
    Haha, friction indeed I wasn't fully awake, played until 2AM and still got up early