Thread: [Acknowledged][MED PRIORITY] Very wobbly suspension, hinges are not working as expect

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[Acknowledged][MED PRIORITY] Very wobbly suspension, hinges are not working as expect

Game Version: 0.3.1
    Windows
    Simple Description: Suspension is veeeery wobbly, hinges has weird behavior, wheels doesn't turn much
    Reproducibility: Every time
    How to Reproduce:

P.S. wait for 1440p60 to become available

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I flipped the buggy, I noticed that it's not just the suspension that wobbles, but also the wheels relative to the suspension. Also visible in the second video.
    Last edited by Ehvis; 25-08-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah looks like double suspension is glitchy. I'm pretty sure that's not how it was intended to be placed

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehvis View Post
    When I flipped the buggy, I noticed that it's not just the suspension that wobbles, but also the wheels relative to the suspension.
    It applies to all joints. And yep, you buggy is supposed to be buggy

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    Yeah looks like double suspension is glitchy. I'm pretty sure that's not how it was intended to be placed
    There are two videos, the same behavior applies to single suspension as well but is halved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morgun View Post
    There are two videos, the same behavior applies to single suspension as well but is halved.
    Looks like it's similar to this: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...to-act-strange
    Did you place a light on the vehicle at all? Even if you remove it the above issue persists

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a separate saves made after each video, can upload if needed

Uploaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o3o...j/PlanetNomads
    Last edited by morgun; 25-08-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it's similar to this: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...to-act-strange
    Did you place a light on the vehicle at all? Even if you remove it the above issue persists
    Haven't placed any light, there's only one light source - player

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I see what you mean in the first video. I think that's just due to the high mass of the vehicle though. Or is there a point where it gets much more severe?

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I see what you mean in the first video. I think that's just due to the high mass of the vehicle though. Or is there a point where it gets much more severe?
    I've uploaded save files, you can try it yourself

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see the same issue, so far from what I see the more suspensions with wheels there is on a vehicle the more severe it gets. 10 wheel vehicle can be quite wobbly. Wobbliness increases if some wheels are not touching the ground.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaeasSon View Post
    Did you notice that the suspension are adjustable in build view, and that it defaults to low pressure? What happens if you tighten it?
    I had mine set to high pressure - wobbly.

Here's small example

Post Thanks / Like
    Try placing the wheels a bit further apart. The problem is they're hitting eachother, and maybe the generators as well.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did some testing:

An 8-wheel vehicle with more space between wheels and suspension configuration done before removing jack works ok.
    Almost identical vehicle with suspension configured after releasing from jack on top of 2 small blocks didn't.

I'll upload a video and edit it in the post tomorrow.

Video:

As You can see in the video the suspension goes out of control after changing the setting on 3rd wheel while it's already shaking a bit.

I also managed to destabilize a stable version of that vehicle by hitting a jump at high speed (once the wheels got into positive feedback loop I went into spaaaaaace!!!).

Here's log from when the travel to space: http://pastebin.com/hKhVgQS1
    Last edited by Wojtek; 27-08-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added info

Post Thanks / Like
    All the wobbling and mis-matching parts are one thing - a very high level physics issues. We are working with Unity on how to best approach this.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    All the wobbling and mis-matching parts are one thing - a very high level physics issues. We are working with Unity on how to best approach this.
    Please also take a look at hinge collision model, looks like it makes hinges to act strange