Thread: [Acknowledged][HIGH PRIORITY] [DUPLICATE INSIDE]Space travel already possible

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[Acknowledged][HIGH PRIORITY] [DUPLICATE INSIDE]Space travel already possible

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Game Version:
    Simple Description: I was thrown into space after hitting a tree with the vehicle.
    Detailed Description:
    My vehicle hit a tree, the tires started to shuffle around, then somehow I was catapulted through the atmosphere and far into space.
    Reproducibility: Only happened once so far
    How to Reproduce: hit a tree or one of those super-hard cactii in a vehicle, with wheels or suspension

Mod edit:
    Duplicate of: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...to-act-strange

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad Space Hag's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You dick. lol

Kickstarter Unique Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, same happened to me, running into some trees and bam, I was traveling at 5000KM/U trough space!

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen my vehicle fly up into space.
    It happens for me when the suspension gets into a feedback loop. Once I flipped my vehicle, and I was going to physics it back over by building onto the vehicle and lever it over. Once it started to lift and begin to flip, there is a chance that the suspension starts bouncing the wheels around, and it goes into a runaway reaction. Two vehicles in space already!

(Also, really need a vehicle flip function!)

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This appears to be a common problem with games. It's strange because if I were to implement physics from engineers perspective, I would always do that including some basic energy conservation laws, which wouldn't allow this to happen. Apparently game engines are done differently. Are the physics PN or Unity3D?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah this happens because of this bug.
    https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...to-act-strange

Post Thanks / Like
    Unity physics base with lots of PN stuff on top of it (thanks to Pavel). Feels like a life-long struggle now. We're still at it.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke