Thread: Bushes are too strong

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Bushes are too strong

On my first little drive around i noticed the bushes are really tough when you hit them, you might want to consider making them a little less of an obstacle.

Game runs smooth at 60fps with the following specs:
    Gtx 770
    I7 4770
    16GB RAM
    256GB SSD

Really impressed with the performance and physics so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just realised there is an alpha discussion/feedback thread, this might be better off there.

Sorry about that!

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. Moving.
    I agree they're a bit too strong

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree too. I hit one that looked like a stick, going about 30kph. Stopped the rover dead in it's tracks.
    I do enjoy smashing into trees and knocking them over though

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are super bushes for sure

Kickstarter Unique Nomad LordForte's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would help if mass of the vehicle was used in 'crushing' logic, so things like brushes, small boulders, etc, are susceptible to sufficiently sized/heavy vehicles. Super massive mobile bases, for instance, would probably bulldoze through a forest without much problem.
    "Our home is where we are. Our place of origin is not relevant, only where we choose to go together."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LordForte View Post
    It would help if mass of the vehicle was used in 'crushing' logic, so things like brushes, small boulders, etc, are susceptible to sufficiently sized/heavy vehicles. Super massive mobile bases, for instance, would probably bulldoze through a forest without much problem.
    As I observed, vehicle weight is taken into consideration, only bushes are quite OP At first I built a small 4 wheeled buggy with 2 generators and I was no match for the bushes, I was able to knock them out on high speed, but the buggy still stopped immediately.
    My second 'buggy' was 6 wheeled with 5 generators (one for the 2 front wheels and 1 for each rear wheel), so it was significantly heavier. Hitting a bush with that with fairly high speed still slowed me down way more than it should, but I was able to keep going.

Post Thanks / Like
    For most bushes, I would rather they have no physics collision box at all. A heavy vehicle would normally drive right over most bushes without a blip. Then a jungle can have lots of undergrowth that doesn't impede you, and you only need to drive around actual trees and maybe large bushes, or even the large bushes with physics can be driven into fairly easily, without stopping you dead.