Thread: Game engine/proformance question

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad LostPup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Game engine/proformance question

So i have a pretty simple question, i've had a look around and tried to work it out. i read somewhere that the game is using unity?, is this game actually going to use more then a single thread of my CPU like 90% of games? or is it actually going to be playable with my 4 core 8 thread 4ghz CPU. i noticed the recommended specs are a 8370 and an I5 4690. the FX 8350 that i have has a better passmark score then the 8370, however compared to the I5 i loose over 700 core in single core performance.

so in a nut shell, is this game going to use my CPU or is it just going to run like crap maxing out a single core like every other title in this genre?.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare....cmp%5B%5D=2236

my system specs are as follows

Asus M5 A99FX PRO R2.0
    AMD Fx 8350 black edition (4Ghz stock clocks with APM turned off in Bios)
    AMD R9 280x 3gb (connected via HDMI to a 60hz Benq 24' monitor)
    (will be installed to) Western Digital Black 1TB HDD only a few months old.
    all with 16GB of 1600MHZ DDR3 memory.

Please let this game use my CPU and be playable, if anyone has any info on either how the game is going to run or how the engine utilises multithreaded processors.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad LostPup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    somewhat glad to answer myown question, setting default on ultra with no FPS limiter or Vsync. only a platform and the most basic buggy you can build, 4 lights a becon and two generators. i get about 70fps... i'm waiting to see what happens with a properly intensive build so staying reserved.
    Last edited by LostPup; 25-08-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey pup, I upgraded from an amd fx 8350 as it was a bottleneck with my gpu which was a gtx 970 (upgraded to a 1070)
    the thing with the amd fx series is they have bad latency but higher througput. While it's still a good cpu it maybe a bottleneck, but i'm not sure with that gpu. Games will utilize both cpu and gpu, you'll notice fps drops with explosions and other physics based effects because of the latency issue with the fx series. Also more cores does not mean it's better btw as I've learned there was a theorem somewhere I can't remember what it was, but a 10GHz one core cpu vs a 10 core 1GHz is a good example of this, the one core wins out everytime. However, if you're looking at recommended specs, I'm sure you'll run everything fine, you shouldn't take spec requirements to heart, try it anyways. ^^ Anyways, I've had an 8350 for 3 years and while it was a good card, I eventually had to upgrade to an intel i5 6500, price range based on msrp is very similar and it's quite the performance boost I must say.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it took me a few minutes to download and then I was ready to play. I left all settings at the default high settings except I turned on AO, BLOOM, and SUNRAYS. Running FRAPS and Audacity in the background I was at a constant 60 FPS at 1920x1080 no matter what I did, even using hills as a ramp and sending my little buggy flying and cartwheeling down hills. I run an nVidia 970, and have an intel corei7 4790k processor. No amd stuff though.

Also, temps were at a constant 45 Celsius throughout an entire hour of playing....