Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Mans Sky Early Reviews,Disappointments confirmed ( yes with day one patch )

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for feeling that way and doing the grassroot support. It is possible to stream the Alpha, just don't forget to acknowledge it's alpha in features are coming (survival, more building blocks, etc.).
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    Thanks for feeling that way and doing the grassroot support. It is possible to stream the Alpha, just don't forget to acknowledge it's alpha in features are coming (survival, more building blocks, etc.).
    Most definitely will make sure I do state it's an alpha and so on.
    "Honor the brave who fought,
    Honor the dead that fell,
    Honor the world they saved."

~Shinryu, The Lord Dragon.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    Multiplayer lie confirmed?
    There's been no comment from the developers yet about the p2p multiplayer
    Oh, I see Wazbat. I have no idea if the lie of being able to see other players at all has been confirmed. It sounds like it is technically possible, but that the system prioritizes performance or may just be buggy, or may have had that feature turned off due to server over-loading, and thus people that should have been able to see each other could not actually see each other. So it may not have been a lie, but it's definitely not working as promised at the moment.

That said, so much is not as Murray has stated that it would be. He had a whole interview about the rareness of plants, animals, and the space dinosaurs, but it seems that they upped the chances of running into lively planets and rich planets by a huge factor. Even so, the game-play streaming I've seen turns monotonous very quickly. If you are into pure exploration and the RPG-style gather and upgrade gameplay, then it's a decent game that is still hugely over-priced. Assuming it runs on your system. Negative reviews based on both the game-breaking bugs, and the game-play-value-to-price issue are running at almost 50% on Steam, with a lot of people returning the game or expressing strong buyer's remorse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can guarantee you that there were several interviews where he stated that two people on the same planet "IF" they were capable of getting themselves there would be possible. He also stated it in his E3 interview where he showed off 20 minutes of the game. The majority of those videos on youtube have been flagged for copyright infringement and have been taken down which is why you cannot see much of it. In addition, the game in stores, if you have a pre-order copy or an early release copy before they got called back, they have the Multiplayer info on the back cover, then they asked stores to slap a sticker on it to cover the multiplayer icon and now the newly made covers don't have multiplayer on it. They've done everything they can to try and remove all notice that they promised multiplayer. It's quite pathetic if you ask me, they should have just been honest and said, look guys, we made a mistake, we thought it would be possible but it's not due to such and such.

I personally don't care about online multiplayer (prefer local or just with friends) so it doesn't phase me, but I completely understand those who bought the game under the pretenses that it was possible and now it's not.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is that while I really like No Man's Sky, the developers aren't too trustworthy at all. Sean Murray has talked about quite a lot of features that aren't in the game at all. My main gripe with the game is the lack of unique experience. This was stressed by Hello Games over and over again, you would have and unique journey, a unique experience. Well, if you just watch a couple of streams and videos of players, you quickly notice that everyone is having the same experience. Nothing unique at all. While we may not even be close to each other, the experience and what we discover is pretty much the same. Shame. So, I don't watch stuff online anymore, at least then my experience is still unique to me I'm also not playing this online, I play it totally offline, so that everything I discover is unique to me and I don't get these messages that player such and such discover this and named it something stupid. Offline all the way.

One thing has been confirmed once again though, if developers aren't openly communicating, they have something to hide, in this case it was a game that wasn't even close to the game they've been showing and talking about. Just glad that Craneballs is doing a good job in communicating with us.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is, what is unique?

any player is almost certain to have a different encounter of planets, monsters and things to discover.
    By the same token, the shallowness of the experience, renders them all very similar.

So yeah, technically unique, but not unique enough to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA) View Post
    One thing has been confirmed once again though, if developers aren't openly communicating, they have something to hide, in this case it was a game that wasn't even close to the game they've been showing and talking about. Just glad that Craneballs is doing a good job in communicating with us.
    And this is a second reason i ask so many questions, and pick at vague or evasive answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooo boy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    And this is a second reason i ask so many questions, and pick at vague or evasive answers.
    You are good at taking things out of context

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, just wow.

Am I glad I didn't buy that game and waited for planet nomads
    Always looking for hidden locations and ways to build

See my builds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zv_ap4HysL3HIl

Post Thanks / Like
    You are good at taking things out of context
    And you are good at being vaguely insulting.

And no, it's not out of context.
    You are talking about the results of communication fails, and i am using those fails as an example of why i want to know about a game i'm invested in.

Almost perfect context.

Quit trying to start a fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    That video. So right. Basically, that games journalist was me and five other people online saying, "wait, wait, what IS this game, really?"

"It's an infinite universe"
    "In terms of ecology, almost anything's possible."
    "Well... let's not spoil things for people."

Arrgh... no.

The thing is, true alien weirdness has to be hand-crafted and curated. It doesn't work well with a trillion planets and slight variation. Once you come across it, you've seen it. Seeing a slight variation of it ten more times isn't fun and may even ruin the original experience. It's also not fun when it is rare and you'll hardly ever find it. Better to handle it a different way. Of course, true alien weirdness isn't really in the game at all. Sand snakes? What about malicious beetles that paralyze you and then wall you up in a rock cocoon. Or ants that are busy building a fantastic city you can walk through, but if you touch anything they swarm you unmercifully. Chest-bursters have been done before, but that is the kind of Alien weirdness that would be so neat to die from in a game, a day or two after you encountered some weird attack on a nameless planet.
    Last edited by Jaycephus; 18-08-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Decent take on NMS that I agree with. Depending on how much you like single-player gathering games, NMS is a $10-$30 game for most people.

And I made a crazy-long post on the comments there. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Even-handed discussion of NMS, and also some philosophical discussion of game marketing and game-consumers.
    ALSO: A discussion on survival games very relevant to Planet Nomads.

I'm glad to say that I do not think PN and Craneballs is falling into the trap that most all survival games (which mostly remain un-finished after many years) seem to fall into, and certainly not taking the route of the over-marketing of some developers we all could name (not just Murray).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycephus View Post

Even-handed discussion of NMS, and also some philosophical discussion of game marketing and game-consumers.
    ALSO: A discussion on survival games very relevant to Planet Nomads.

I'm glad to say that I do not think PN and Craneballs is falling into the trap that most all survival games (which mostly remain un-finished after many years) seem to fall into, and certainly not taking the route of the over-marketing of some developers we all could name (not just Murray).
    Over marketing a game is not so much an issue. The biggest problem is what the developer and those who represent the developer say during marketing of said game. When they spend the marketing time speaking about various game play features which hypes the game up and then don't deliver those features and have no plan to once the game is released, that's what gets the negative attention.

It would be like PN advertising how much you can build vehicles and spaceships in Planet Nomads and then releasing a game where the building mechanics have been wiped from the game and will never be put back, then going on to youtube and flagging any and every video that speaks or shows the building aspects of the game shown before it was released. That is the type of changes gamers have grown to hate.

The problem with No Man's Sky is that the developers and Sony were on two different fields. The developers possibly had a genuine desire to make good on their promises but may have been time capped or hindered by Sony for many of them which commonly happens when you have a big name like Sony over your head. They sold their souls to Sony and this was the outcome.

Developers need to ensure that those undertaking interviews are well versed with the happenings of the game's development, where it's going, what will/won't be in the game. And if they make a mistake, the developer should come out and say, oh sorry, no he/she made a mistake on that part, that isn't in the game. NMS didn't do that, instead they tried to hide every notion of things they promised.

I don't mind hype in a game, 99.9% of games are a disappointment to me so I've come to terms long ago that games are only here to take my money and not provide me with my desired game play elements, that's just the way the gaming industry works. It's run by people who care more about the money than their target audience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking at it totally differently. Sure Hello Games blatantly lied about their game, no issue with that. On purpose? Don't think so. They shared a lot of vision and that is the problem. People take vision as being the finished product, Hello Games' fault was not explain that they shared a vision. In the end the vision and the reality didn't work out. The second mistake they made is setting up a controlled demo in which they tested things and which they showed to the public. The never actually showed the real game, only this controlled small scale demo. When going from a small controlled solar system to a complete galaxy, you have to make choices limited by hardware. What works in small scale, does not always work in large scale. With No Man's Sky a good number of the features just didn't work on a large scale, so they made cuts.

I'm still having a blast with the game, I find it really enjoyable. I never expected the game they presented. Right from the start it was pretty clear they weren't showing the actual build. A lot of features I expected aren't there, but I more or less expected that It's not a bad, it's not a great game, but for an explorer as myself, it's an awesome game, but for the general public it's most likely a not too good game.

One thing the game has done though, is made me not to trust Hello Games at all. If they release another game I sure will not pre-order it. They lost that privilege. I may not even buy again at all from that. Deceiving the public is not something I support, even if it's not done on purpose. Developers know their words carry weight, so they should chose them carefully.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad mykola1985's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, this is my first post!

I've been playing NMS for almost 60 hours. It's a great game, but still... the size of its universe is a bit ..nonsense. Everything gets repetitive after you visit 40-50 planets.

i'm starting to get bored with every new planet i visit.

final thought:

the game lacks more variation, but it is still a great game, exploration game!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mykola1985 View Post
    final thought:

I couldn't agree more. It's not a bad game, it just isn't worth 60$. It feels like a 30$ Early Access title. They paraded the planet count number but there is nowhere near as much variation as there is planets. It's fun, but it gets boring after you've seen it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mykola1985 View Post
    Hi there, this is my first post!

I've been playing NMS for almost 60 hours. It's a great game, but still... the size of its universe is a bit ..nonsense. Everything gets repetitive after you visit 40-50 planets.

i'm starting to get bored with every new planet i visit.

final thought:

jop it gets boring realy fast
    an planet has only 1 biome
    there are no big fleets like in the trailer only 4-6 ships
    3.the variation of animals gets unrealistic or "copy paste " very often with different colors
    4.no sandworm like in the trailer
    5.no collisions model for animals or ships
    6.random spawning of sentinels
    7.animals have no live,they dont sleep,drink water,eat plans or even hunt other animals...... and they cant ran over trees like in the trailer.... every plant is an static 3d object
    8.the are no gas giants,there are no planets with rings like Saturn,you cant land on asteroids like he says in the interview,and suns dont exist they are only particle effects with an 2d texture...... you never reach them
    9.planets dont circle the sun and moons dont circle the planets
    10.you can destro the grounds of planets with granades BUT only to relise that there is an destroyable ground and after 20 meter an undestroyable core is visivle that cant be destroyed
    11.the crafting system is anoying
    12.you cant combine element you find to generate totaly new elements like he said in the intervies
    13.the storys are boring and only 10 hours long......
    14.the overused to many shader sometimes it looks like instagram
    15.many textures are only 512x512
    16.the lod (level of detail) is so poor coded that u see in an 2 meter radius 3d and 2d element popups every time even you walk slowly.......
    17.the variations in buildings and alien npcs are so limited that i think after 15 hours that you cant find any difference anymore

this game is very rich at quantity but lacks highly at quality
    when you love the feeling of an spectator and poorly written good night storys for kids and think that graphical junk is the same as graphical style or retro style
    NMS is an game for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    I couldn't agree more. It's not a bad game, it just isn't worth 60$. It feels like a 30$ Early Access title. They paraded the planet count number but there is nowhere near as much variation as there is planets. It's fun, but it gets boring after you've seen it all.
    Nonononono! This planet has a very slightly different shade of orange!

Totally different planet!

Kickstarter Unique Nomad AnthraxB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No man's sky as for myself, really falls short to be a real game that they've promised it should've been when they released it. Everything really falls of really shallow and boring, I know there's variation on different aspects, like fauna, flora, and the general overal of the entire landscape. But being there without any real reason what to do but exploring, This really feels empty at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Angry Joe has a review up of it, including a bit about the really shocking ending [spoilers if you go watch his video]. If anything, the ending deserves more attention even than he gave it. Just search for Angry Joe on Youtube. He's a huge game reviewer, btw. He gave it a 5/10. He might have a few details wrong, due to the nature of the game being random and possibly taking a month or more of millions playing it before all the rarest things are discovered. But on the whole, he's got it correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    An another video that proofs "No man sky" is scam
    and in alpha status

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycephus View Post
    Angry Joe has a review up of it, including a bit about the really shocking ending [spoilers if you go watch his video]. If anything, the ending deserves more attention even than he gave it. Just search for Angry Joe on Youtube. He's a huge game reviewer, btw. He gave it a 5/10. He might have a few details wrong, due to the nature of the game being random and possibly taking a month or more of millions playing it before all the rarest things are discovered. But on the whole, he's got it correct.
    The game might be pretty much dead after a month. On Steam over 75% stopped playing already in one week.

Post Thanks / Like
    The game might be pretty much dead after a month. On Steam over 75% stopped playing already in one week.
    After a month? It's pretty much dead now...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god it's getting worse!