Thread: Creature behavior enhancements.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Creature behavior enhancements.

I posted this in the facebook advovisors group instead of here so I have reposed it here.

Creature behavior enhancements.

You have already stated that creatures will react in different ways depending on if you are injured or not.
    At this time I have only seen white lights in the game and it got me thinking.

If you had different colored lights, would that be just artistic or would the creatures behavior change if say you had a red light at night to get better night vision.

Would they be like a moth to a flame at certain colors or stay away for other colors, or if you had the colors effect different creatures in different ways, would one attack you or your base while the other would run away.

Alison Laura Goodman http://m.resene.co.nz/hom.../use_col...ersonality.htm

Colour personality - colour affects our behaviour and the way we feel

I was also thinking of hunting and laying traps for example.

Animal pen that is set up so the animals are lured in using a colour or smell (think lure) once in the pen you can kill and harvest fresh meat or you can incorporate it into a base defence like moat system.

Once in they can not get out.

It has been said that we can not tame animals but I feel that it would add to the game play to have light reactions but let's see what they are like first.

As for ruining it for others, that is easy, have an toggle switch in the game options to turn it on or off.
    Always looking for hidden locations and ways to build

See my builds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zv_ap4HysL3HIl

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told this by one of the devs

Its certainly an interesting idea :-) but as for now we are not considering to put this feature into this game
    we need to balance complexity of our features and of course focus on more important ones All I can say is that AI of the animals is really deep stuff and it will go through many tinkering and enhancements in the future - mainly to make survival more realistic, players experience better and our world more alive

So not in the game plans at this time and I can not wait to see the behavior of the animals

What do you guys think of the idea of animals that react to different color stimulus?

Do you like the idea or not?

I am just curious.
    Always looking for hidden locations and ways to build

See my builds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zv_ap4HysL3HIl

Post Thanks / Like
    TBH, having different colours of light affect the creatures differently could be a negative, the game is heavily based on the user creating their own bases, vehicles and such; I think that having these different light colours affecting how the NPCs react could limit the choices for many players to only a few colours of light which could ruin their ideas for lighting I.E they may want a base with a very bright lighting system, allowing for them to easily walk around be it day or night. If the colours/intensity affected NPCs a large number of players may feel like the game is limiting their creativity as they would be forced to re-design their bases to compensate for local animals, not to mention if you build a traveling base/space craft then lighting would need to be changed almost constantly.