Thread: Miner And Water pump not working in sanbox mode

Post Thanks / Like

Question Miner And Water pump not working in sanbox mode

Hello,

First of all thank you for this game that seems to have great potential ...

However, I noticed that it was not possible to use the machines or even to access inventories in the creative mode ... Is this normal or an error ?

Last, why only put on Steam building plans ? Why not create a section on your forum dedicated only to the plans provided by the community ?

In short, nothing really bad but .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Creative mode requires no resources to build, so I assume the logic was that you don't need to mine or extract anything. That mode is just for building things creatively and nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I understand correctly, we are not allowed to use the machines creatively?

But then what can REALLY serve this mode as only the survival mode allows to use the machines?
    If we want to build / enjoy our creations WITHOUT the cost of survival there is no right?

I confess do not understand the logic behind that ....

Normally, the creative mode should be without restrictions .... But I can be wrong here ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct, Uggi, but looking at it slightly differently than the developers. Creative is without restrictions, COMPLETELY without restrictions. That means you have absolutely no need for any components, any ores, any resources of any kind, in fact no need for any kind of item inventory whatsoever. So those things are disabled in Creative. It can be frustrating when you want to test out certain things (like your example of how the pump and mining system work).

I'm of a mind that Creative is a bit TOO unrestricted. I would prefer if we had 1 standard gaming mode, and you could use sliders or configuration options to determine how it fits on the scale between creative and ultra-survival. Let us enable or disable food/water needs, player damage, component requirements for block building, instant 1-click construction, etc. That way we could tailor a play experience to match what we want to do, giving us a perfect ability to set the difficulty levels that we want to play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    You are correct, Uggi, but looking at it slightly differently than the developers. Creative is without restrictions, COMPLETELY without restrictions. That means you have absolutely no need for any components, any ores, any resources of any kind, in fact no need for any kind of item inventory whatsoever. So those things are disabled in Creative. It can be frustrating when you want to test out certain things (like your example of how the pump and mining system work).

I'm of a mind that Creative is a bit TOO unrestricted. I would prefer if we had 1 standard gaming mode, and you could use sliders or configuration options to determine how it fits on the scale between creative and ultra-survival. Let us enable or disable food/water needs, player damage, component requirements for block building, instant 1-click construction, etc. That way we could tailor a play experience to match what we want to do, giving us a perfect ability to set the difficulty levels that we want to play.
    The idea of being able to choose your own preferences pleases me and deserves some reflexion ;)

To come back to this story of unrestricted creative mode; there are TWO restrictions:

1 - Access to the inventory is disabled
    2 - The machines do not work

Somewhat contradictory the "zero restriction"

Post Thanks / Like
    Because creative mode is not a 'game' really. It is the equivalent of handing you a box of every possible Lego and letting you build whatever you want. No logistics function because they do not need to. If you already have an unlimited, infinite supply of a resource, than you don't need a machine to produce that resource.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the end, the creative mode is completely useless considering the two restrictions set above... Even minecraft doesn't block you on that...

Well thank you for those answers but I'll drop the game until it's more mature ;)

Last point: users who have bought their games on gog.com cannot take advantage of the blueprint available on Steam... Creating a section on the forum would be so much more fair and equitable for everyone ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Creative mode does have its uses, particularly now that blueprints have been integrated into the game. Consider it a glorified CAD system, where you can design and do basic testing on a build, then save it for use in a normal game later.