Thread: Snapping is influenced by nearby blocks

Post Thanks / Like

Snapping is influenced by nearby blocks

If I try to place a hover-pad or an air-blade onto a block attached to a hinge or rotating plate, the snapping is difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive noticed the same thing. i usually have to search for the sweet spot or try to sneak in from the opposing edge. it seems to be more so with the rotating plates

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of these problems could be solved by some adjustments to the controls in the following ways:

First, a block should never snap more than 45 degrees from where you have it originally. I notice it spins pretty far to try and line up with another block, and usually not the way you wanted it anyways.

Next fix the ghost block controls to use mod keys:

1. scroll wheel: rotate on axis one
    2. CTRL-scroll: rotate on axis 2
    3. ALT-scroll: rotate on axis 3
    4. Shift scroll: Move block towards or away from you in relation to your camera pov. This is the thing that is missing to fix block placement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to mention that I was able to see a similar problem with suspension too (suspension instead of hinge or rotating plate)
    Also I was able to see the effect when I was trying to attach a large air-blade. But that being very large, was not worth to record onto a video. It is more difficult to reproduce.
    Maybe there are more such cases.
    If the root cause is found, please check all potential cases which can trigger the snapping error.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaosmaster View Post
    4. Shift scroll: Move block towards or away from you in relation to your camera pov. This is the thing that is missing to fix block placement.
    Done. Will be released in next update