Thread: Quality of Life Improvements for building

Post Thanks / Like

Quality of Life Improvements for building

Hello Team,

Been playing a while now and I am at the point where I am building some pretty advanced contraptions. There are a number of things that frustrate or straight out annoy me when it comes to building. This may come across as a gripe and I don't intentially mean to disparage all the hard work put into this game, but I hope I can add some constructive criticism. Anyhow...

1. Building and Mining should NOT be the same button. This is my biggest frustration with the game as it causes me frequent headaches. There is nothing like spending 2 hours building a vehicle only to have it fall over because you accidentaly shoot a hole under your jack. Please save my sanity and either make a different tool for building and mining OR have a different button/key to differentiate them. Maybe like CTRL left click to mine and CTRL rightclick to dig.

2. Why does jetpack hover mode have to shut off when you land on something? It would be nice if it was an on/off toggle that keeps its state until you switch it. It should work like airblade stabilizers. Landing on the ground is fine, but when you hit the spacebar, hover mode should already be engaged if you had it on previously before you landed.

3. There REALLY needs to be a way to fill in ground holes. I have hundreds of floor sections built all over the place that I use just to cover holes. This is a bit silly.

4. Auto-refill power on your tool if you have batteries on hand. Sometimes I just want to build stuff without the constant hassle of refilling the tool. I get that it is 'survival mode', but sometimes it is just 'tedious mode'.

5. Longer range please on Item Dispensers. The novelty of these has definitely worn off for me. It is frustrating when you are building a ship and you have materials from the base Item Dispenser to build part of the ship, then realize that building another part of the ship you are too far away from the dispenser and have to go extend it out at the base. I have taken to just carrying all the materials I can hold on me to avoid the hassle.

I know that his game is still in Alpha and a lot will probably change along the way to beta, but I hope you will take these points into consideration. You're doing a fantastic job so far. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about snapping? How do you find the way the wire-frame (hologram) snaps to the blocks you want to attach to?
    And the white cross-hair color?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    How about snapping? How do you find the way the wire-frame (hologram) snaps to the blocks you want to attach to?
    And the white cross-hair color?
    I'm used to the way it snaps as it is mostly the same across voxel building games. They could stand to do some optimization and maybe re-evaluate the way the spin axis' work, but other than finding a good position for your character to be to place a block, I have no problems there.

Post Thanks / Like
    And having the same button to exit 'set up' C mode AND put your gun in your hands. I would prefer we have the gun on the action bar with number key to activate.

I love this game