Thread: Steam blueprints not downloading to replicator

Post Thanks / Like

Question Steam blueprints not downloading to replicator

I left a similar post on the Steam discussion boards, but is anyone else subscribing to blueprints from the Steam Workshop and not finding them in their replicators?

I am aware of the two buttons in the replicator's menu: "local" and "Steam," and newly subscribed blueprints don't show up under the Steam button.

I have checked my Steam download settings, and they are set to auto-downloading at all times.

Interestingly enough, I was able to upload two of my own blueprints to the Steam workshop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sqwheelz

Post Thanks / Like
    Update-

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I'm still unable to download Steam blueprints.

I deleted my old creative mode saves and started a new creative mode game. No luck. The Steam blueprints still didn't download. I'm loath to delete my survival mode game since I have the entire world mapped and set up with outposts.

Deleted blueprints from the Steam tab of the replicator reappear the next time the game loads.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    how many subscribed blueprints do you have? can you try unsubscribe some and try it again? Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Hi
    how many subscribed blueprints do you have? can you try unsubscribe some and try it again? Thank You
    You know, Goose, I had the same idea and started to delete some of my earlier subscriptions. Some are deleted and some come back after I restart the game.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try to unsubscribe blueprint on Steam. There is a bug with deleting steam blueprint in the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PazziCZ View Post
    Try to unsubscribe blueprint on Steam. There is a bug with deleting steam blueprint in the game
    I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be sure we cover all test cases...

Check what happens if:
    1. Player1 publishes a blueprint named "Bp5"
    2. Player2 subscribes to "Bp5"
    3. Player1 removes "Bp5" from the store
    4. Player1 publishes a new blueprint with the same name: "Bp5"
    5. Player2 subscribes to the new recently added blueprint
    6. Player2 unsubscribes and subscribes again to the new "Bp5" blueprint

Repeat the test again but perform Step 4 before Step 3.
    Last edited by Menzagitat; 15-09-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it seems that if I ever need a dose of humility that my computer will give it to me.

While I have no idea what I did, I can now download blueprints from Steam workshop and create them in both creative and survival mode.

Here's the rub: Now, I can't upload any of my own designs either into Local or Steam

I am feeling quite humble now.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, new update released. Uploading and downloading should work now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed!

I am able to upload and download blueprints from Local and Steam.

Thanks Craneballs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good comments on the suggestions. I know very well:ta Thanks for the good comments on the suggestions. I know very well

Post Thanks / Like
    The post above, from Tongueli, is a spam.

Hi, new update released. Uploading and downloading should work now.
    The bug happens for me now.
    I was able to subscribe yesterday and see this blueprint in my replicator:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1519430887 (Side question: Why the screenshot is so strange? The area around the trees...)

Then I subscribed to one more which was not downloaded. That blueprint is not anymore available.

Today I subscribed to this one:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1520362450

Here is what I did:

1. After subscribing, Steam downloaded something: "Planet Nomads - Workshop Content" but there are 2 such messages: One with a "View" button (482.5kb downloaded) and the other with a "Play button" (0 kb downloaded)
    2. I started the game and opened a file manager to see how the SWUserConstructions content is being updated. Nothing unusual.
    3. When the update seemed to be ended, I load a save file and checked the list in the replicator. The blueprint is not there.
    4. I searched in the SWUserConstructions all 64 folders: No thumbnail.png with the expected blueprint. I also searched for MetaData.xml with specific content, like "aRPeaR" or the title of the blueprint. The blueprint is not there.

- - - Updated - - -

1. I unsubscribed to the "Container small tower" blueprint from Tang
    2. I subscribed to the "Hoverlift" from aRPeaR -> the blueprint was not downloaded
    3. I subscribed again to the "Container small tower" -> the blueprint is not downloaded anymore. Same old timestamp remains. The other previous items still update, most of them (50/64 folders). Sometime Steam shows the entry with the "View" button as having an older "Time Initiated" - 4 minutes before, and also a slightly larger downloaded data 900k instead of 500k

- - - Updated - - -

The files which steam downloads are located in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\504050
    Have names like 946209690024251813_legacy.bin but are in fact valid zip files.
    When Planet Nomads starts, it ignores these files and starts a full download of each blueprint once more.
    Is this long download needed?
    Would be cool if the game would allow us to choose in the replicator if we want the latest version or not.
    Also filtering the items would be handy.
    Last edited by Menzagitat; Yesterday at 11:09 AM.