Thread: Undermount Spotlight

Post Thanks / Like

Undermount Spotlight

After getting my mobile base up and running (finally), I realized how much of a pain it is to fly at night. It would be cool of there was a down-forward facing spotlight that would illuminate a circular section on the ground. (Think modern helicopter searchlights).

Post Thanks / Like
    There is, just rotate a standard “front mount” or even a bottom mount, so the light points downward. I’ve also been known to under light vehicles with standard outdoor lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but the problem is that thie light range on those is not very far. If you are up in there air and it is dark out, it is hard to find a landing spot in the dark without getting close to the ground first. By the time those lights are useful, you are already scraping the trees.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've mounted a few solar beacons on the underside of some of my flyers, they give pretty decent illumination. Also used some of the interior light bars (the long fluorescent lights) mounted facing down for running lights, and they give decent illumination as I'm setting down.

Ultimately, though, maybe my old light options suggestion could be used to give better light options:

https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...le-Light-Modes

Post Thanks / Like
    I have forgotten to test if we can lock the hinges after unlocking them, but if it works, that would be the best option for now to point the lights to down-forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was basically taking about this:

400px-Helicopterspotlightggtav.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what my old suggestion was about - would be great if we were able to set light focus modes: short range wide flood, medium range with a decent cone, long range focused spotlight.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, nice ideas. I cannot promise it now, but 45 degree light and setting light cone in radial menu is something we could do in future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
    Hi guys, nice ideas. I cannot promise it now, but 45 degree light and setting light cone in radial menu is something we could do in future.
    These would both be very nice options.