Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Release Date and System Requirements

Post Thanks / Like

Alpha Release Date and System Requirements

https://www.planet-nomads.com/2016/0...-requirements/

Without beating around the bush here's the information you've been so patiently waiting for. For Alpha backers the wait will be over in less than a month.

ALPHA STEAM KEYS COMING TO YOUR E-MAILS ON 25th AUGUST

Planet Nomads STEAM store page's ready and approved by Valve. We've nearly had the dev-build approved on the first go! Sadly there was one issue with the Linux build. Martin D. already fixed this hiccup and Little Kuba sent a new version to STEAM. It should get approved any day now.

Alpha backers will get their STEAM keys via e-mails on 25th August and may immediately add Planet Nomads to their STEAM libraries and play. This activation of Planet Nomads is for life and covers Early Access too.

CURRENT PIPELINE

Though it may seem like the alpha is ready, we're still tinkering a thing here and there, like adding simple tutorial for building and polishing visuals of the biomes. Then a couple rounds of build/testing/bugs/new build and then it's off to you, Nomads.

As covered in Nomadic Journals Ep. 3, the alpha will feature a creative mode with unlimited resources, immortality and a suit with hi-tier jetpack. It will be available for Windows and Linux, and hopefully MAC once we figure some performance issues on this platform.

Now to the other part of this announcement!

PLANET NOMADS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

We've tested Planet Nomads on a limited number of rigs, so please take the requirements as a general benchmark of Planet Nomads performance. This doesn't mean they are way off, just don't ask us about specific hardware configurations yet, as we don't know at this point.

The Minimum Requirements to run the game are as follows:

CPU: i3 - 6300 / AMD FX 6300
    4 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GTX 550ti / R7 260x

Recommended Requirements for playing Planet Nomads:

i5 4690 / AMD FX 8370
    8 GB RAM
    GTX 960 / R9 280x/380

If you are not sure whether your specs are fit for the job, try some Googling and comparing their performance with the above listed specs. Or head on to Planet Nomads forum and ask fellow Nomads for their opinion.

Furthermore the alpha already will have options to customize the graphics to fit your rig as best as possible. The above-mentioned minimum requirements run the game on Medium settings at around 30 FPS so there's probably still some wiggle room left, but we wanted to be rather safe than sorry, and only with real life play-tests and stress-tests will we know for sure. So pencil down the 25th August to your calendars. Planet Nomads is coming and we're eager to hear from you.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    25th, that is soooooo far away (just kidding). Great news, I like the specs, my GTX 750 Ti should do fine. My CPU (i7 3770 3.4Ghz) is quite a bit older then the other intel mentioned, but should be fast enough to keep up, especially when the game uses multiple cores.

This activation of Planet Nomads is for life and covers Early Access too.
    Wait, I can't put the game in my will and force my grandkids to play it when I'm gone? Bummer

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope, that my GeForce 540m can support this game. (But if I can run StarCitizen... ) Also I have gtx 780 ti, but hardware of my old PC very poor and I can use my PC only 2 times in month... Because I will use my laptop. =p

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the time when you look at your motherboard settings and realise you can upgrade your cpu from:-

A

i5-4440(C0) - Haswell - 3.1GHz CPU

to a

i7-4790K(C0) - Haswell-R - 4.0GHz

I will also be able to upgrade my graphics but the decision is do I go for the Geforce GTX 1080 or wait for the 2nd August for the new Nvida Titan X

At this moment, my computer will run the min specs, but I want to upgrade instead of a new computer now that I know that my system can take the upgrade.
    Always looking for hidden locations and ways to build

See my builds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zv_ap4HysL3HIl

Post Thanks / Like
    Graphically as long as you meet the requirements you should be ok. From what I've experienced in similar games, bigger builds are a higher strain on CPU and memory. The more ram typically means the greater sized constructions you can build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    Graphically as long as you meet the requirements you should be ok. From what I've experienced in similar games, bigger builds are a higher strain on CPU and memory. The more ram typically means the greater sized constructions you can build
    Yes I have experienced the same in the past, I knew that I would have to upgrade as I needed to for VR but it was just a question of can I upgrade my current system enough or do I need a new system.

Looking forward to pushing my current system to its limits but it is nice to know that I can wait for the new cards if I have to
    Always looking for hidden locations and ways to build

See my builds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zv_ap4HysL3HIl

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    I'm glad the RAM is not an issue in my machine, 16Gb should give me some huge sized constructions then

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblend View Post
    This is the time when you look at your motherboard settings and realise you can upgrade your cpu from:-

A

i5-4440(C0) - Haswell - 3.1GHz CPU

to a

i7-4790K(C0) - Haswell-R - 4.0GHz

I will also be able to upgrade my graphics but the decision is do I go for the Geforce GTX 1080 or wait for the 2nd August for the new Nvida Titan X

At this moment, my computer will run the min specs, but I want to upgrade instead of a new computer now that I know that my system can take the upgrade.
    Nice, I can only go from an i7-3770 to an i7-3770k and that will not give me too much advantage at all. But I love to spent your money for you..... how about going to something like an i7-4930K? That's a Haswell core also and has 6 cores and 12 threads, even more power. Less clock speed, but 2 extra cores and if the game supports multicores properly, oh boy it will fly!
    Last edited by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA); 29-07-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA) View Post
    how about going to something like an i7-4930K? That's a Haswell core also and has 6 cores and 12 threads, even more power. Less clock speed, but 2 extra cores and if the game supports multicores properly, oh boy it will fly!
    I have gone as high as the motherboard says it will go.

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I upgraded from
    I5 3450 to i5 6600k
    8gb ddr3 to 16gb ddr4
    gtx 960 kept same
    Asus pro z170 motherboard (upgraded to support i5 6600k)

On Empyrion multiplayer old system gave me min 23 FPS new constant 35FPS in complex multiplayer battles with multiple Svs drops to 25-30Fps

On space engineers single player mode old system lagged as hell new 30fps with min 20fps but with complex large builds with pistons and landing gear and rotating engines drops to bellow 20fps and multiplayer is unplayable.

can't wait to test planet nomads might upgrade to GTX 1070 if i get lower than 30fps
    Last edited by --ALI--; 31-07-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait to get stuck in, new pc is built and ready to go I'll be recording my gameplay sessions for youtube on Alpha release day should be lots of fun
    “Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
    Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Community website for Sci-Fi Gamers http://sci-figamers.com/
    My Youtube Channel

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Def thinking i need more ram :(

Kickstarter Builder Nomad PitykePadavan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey i have a gt 720m video card, so the game wont run my laptop?

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gt 720m is not a bad card I think it will run the game easly how ever I would keep and eye out for over heating

Post Thanks / Like
    Sooo excited for this! My New 2560x1440 monitor finally turned up at the weekend, this is going to look this business when i can get stuck in

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    20 gigs of RAM baby... i7 and GTX960. Gonna put this game to the test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is 32GB of RAM enough?
    I think I'm set.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad sharpshifter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not been here much but the excitement for PN is very much alive.. mentioned it to pretty much everyone I know, sometimes several times

Bring on the 25th!

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely can't wait, been waiting months and months, hopefully this fills the disappointment hole left by no mans sky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm315 View Post
    Absolutely can't wait, been waiting months and months, hopefully this fills the disappointment hole left by no mans sky.
    One thing is for sure, the devs around here aren't hyping the game to the max and show us what we will get, not some special build of the game none of us will ever play. The communicate in direct terms instead of being cryptic and vague. So far, so good!

Preorder Collector Nomad Whorlok's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BAVARIA is waiting to join with a gallone of beer ..,)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am nowhere near spec with my backup card :(

Hell, even with my good card (away for repair/replace) i barely clear min specs.
    I'm hoping for some optimisation along the line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm315 View Post
    As long as you you realize that this version is the very first alpha with only a sub-set of blocks, no inventory (except infinite blocks), no collecting of any mined material, and only some animals and some animal behavior (hanging around nests). I'm not sure there is any other behaviors or interaction with animals.

But, we can test out vehicles with the given blocks, with the vehicle physics we have so far (no flying), and see how heavy or fast of a vehicle we can make.
    We can build a base, including, to some degree, dig down and make it under ground or in a hill or cliff.

I want to see if it is possible to have a big truck and trailer, and switch out trailers. Not sure it will be possible to get them connected back together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    I am nowhere near spec with my backup card :(

Hell, even with my good card (away for repair/replace) i barely clear min specs.
    I'm hoping for some optimisation along the line.
    The minimum specs are very conservative and have medium settings. Don't know what the good card is, but you should be fine if it's above the minimum. Those specs are pretty low already. I'm sure optimization will come, but also keep in mind that they'll be adding stuff to the game also, which puts a higher demand on the hardware. Effectively the minimum specs may never change, even if the game gets optimized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, i got my radeon 285 back, so i can play.
    No key though.

IS there a person to prod?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing in your "Spam" and "Promotions" folder? You'll need to send Daniel an e-mail then through daniel[at]craneballs.com then