Thread: Ladders

Post Thanks / Like

Ladders

Please for the love of God.......Ladders in various lengths (S,M,L) or the ability to create using a "hot key" a ladder of various length according to my needs. It makes no sense to have to use a staircase when trying to add access to something like the roof. A ladder would provide a better choice (you can still use stairs if you choose) for a means of accessing a part of a building from say, a catwalk. Please, please, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gods yes.

We really only need two pieces - a piece for the top of a ladder (like a short rail, but with the hand-holds of the ladders you can climb out of a pool IRL, plus a rung or two to go down just one block in height) .... and an actual ladder component (half the height of a Wall piece). Even if the ladders have to back onto a column of similar, rather than being freestanding ... that'd be awesome.

Ladder up one floor? Throw up a pair of columns, attach two mid-pieces to it, then above them, a topper piece.

I expect that the "hard" part would be implementing animations for climbing ladders, both up and down. And for mounting and dismounting at both the top and bottom of a ladder.

Post Thanks / Like
    A ladder does sound good, but I would like a short range teleport.

Imagine placing two ceiling tile size teleport blocks, I'm guessing they could be no greater then around 80 units apart.
    You would just point at one and press E, and you are teleported to the other. (Quickly like when you exit a cockpit.)

Post Thanks / Like
    both are nice we also need a floor block hatch that is smooth that wont catch the user while walking but can pop open to allow egress. press E to use the hatch/ladder. Also make it so that the ladder can go up multiple levels with out interfering with the hatch. either a hatch block with mount points for a ladder or allow the ladder to attach to the next block over so that the hatch swings up or like an irus opens allowing you to traverse easily