Thread: Cheat Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Cheat Ideas

Hello Nomads! I"m Primus and if you have any suggestions for cheats please post them here.

Post Thanks / Like
    er....the point of cheating is.....what exactly?

Just play in Creative mode.

Post Thanks / Like
    And what if you don't like Creative since you might find it boring.

Post Thanks / Like
    and cheating isnt boring? if you are going to cheat you may as well play creative

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to agree with FM and BCP. Whats the purpose for a cheat code (especialy given that this is still EA) for this? Creative is by any account a "cheat". Dont get me wrong, cheats are fine (used them myself) but just not seeing the purpose here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the purpose I asked this is because in Creative you're practically immortal and in Survival you have health plus my idea is to program it to allow you to open the cheat bar only in extreme conditions. Also you can't make stuff like Basic Frames and get resources in Creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the purpose I asked this is because in Creative you're practically immortal and in Survival you have health plus my idea is to program it to allow you to open the cheat bar only in extreme conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    And for me...that is EXACTLY why I would never use a cheat.

The purpose of survival games is to have a challenge. If you can click a cheatbar and get what you need ( health, rare minerals, tools, weapons) then where has the challenge gone. If you don't enjoy the challenge, the game already has a 'creative' mode which turns it into a sandbox building game with everything you need available.

Right now...the game rapidly runs out of challenges and things to do really quite quickly. Once you have the basic infrastructure up and running, mines for the various minerals and some form of transport...all that is left is to explore the monuments and teleporters. None of the creatures are much of a threat by then.

I don't get why anyone would want to make that stage easier to reach.....or why they would need it once they have reached that stage. If it's giving you issues...just shove all the difficulty sliders to 'easy' and learn how to survive. Just being able to get out of a tricky spot with a cheat is ...well...cheating. I don't like cheating. It's boring....and it removes all value to success or achievement.

How did you build that huge flyer...Oh I cheated in 10K Xaenite and it was easy.... well done you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well how about we make a pledge,"I promise never to use a cheat more than 10 times"

Post Thanks / Like
    Primus, go ask on steam forum too, and check the bugs and suggestion topics.
    Some people are loosing their vehicles.
    Some are upset because it falls upside down.
    Some want to check why the vehicle is not moving...
    Maybe you can improve their QoL.
    You can implement those commands and then show them how they work and maybe people will start using them.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you can make the game more interesting too by adjusting some balancing parameters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hereís an idea: Donít Cheat.
    PN is not that difficult in the first place that even a non-gamer would need to cheat. Secondly the only thing youíre really cheating is yourself of what little gameplay elements we currently have in this Alpha build.

Finally, being an alpha build any efforts to codify any cheats is likely going to be wasted as the actual release will probably be quite different.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some times that I'd honestly like a mode that is in between Creative and Survival. One that lets you build like you normally would in Survival, without the resource gathering portion of the game. Essentially a "free build" mode, where you have infinite components at all times, so you can go through a real build process and not the "click left and POOF instant block, click right and POOF block is gone, hope you were aiming at the right block!" process. It would also let us build vehicles and structures with unfinished frame portions where we want them for aesthetics and/or saving unnecessary extra resources where they don't matter - something that is impossible in Creative at the moment. When blueprints become an actual feature, that type of flexibility will become much more important if you are importing a design into Survival at a time when resources are limited.

To be honest, maybe it's just a matter of making gameplay sliders or toggles (suggested before), then everyone wins - toggle food/water needs, toggle player damage, toggle infinite build components, toggle block damage (when introduced), etc. You could make a Creative style game that still has player damage and food/water needs, for example. Not quite a "cheat mode" but it could be useful for testing ideas out. Flexibility is often key to broadening appeal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Primus; what kind of cheats are you requesting?
    Some gamers would call hidden features and Easter-eggs cheats, and some of those would be nice.
    I’m not for cheat-codes that give players 999,999 frames or endless fuel.
    But hidden features that could turn pink trees to glowing golden trees, or gordillias into land-sharks, that would be cool.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are these different approaches to cheating also inside the team. Generally, we are cheat/hacker friendly and we do not want to fight against cheating. There is no problem, because in single player game you can ruin only your own experience. And if you consider hacking the game to be a good entertainment, you can enjoy the game in different ways.

We have some non-documented commands (you can call it cheats) in game console, which we use during development and testing. For example invulnerability, non-necessity of resources, free spawning of items etc. Some of them are also enabled in public releases while others are blocked for ordinal players. However, I have seen somewhere a procedure to unlock developer console even in public release..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
    There are these different approaches to cheating also inside the team. Generally, we are cheat/hacker friendly and we do not want to fight against cheating. There is no problem, because in single player game you can ruin only your own experience. And if you consider hacking the game to be a good entertainment, you can enjoy the game in different ways.

We have some non-documented commands (you can call it cheats) in game console, which we use during development and testing. For example invulnerability, non-necessity of resources, free spawning of items etc. Some of them are also enabled in public releases while others are blocked for ordinal players. However, I have seen somewhere a procedure to unlock developer console even in public release..
    Oh really?
    Would one of those happen to be an option to turn textures off so I can find that one tiny bit of dirt in my floor that prevents me from flying my lab?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm requesting hidden features and esater eggs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    And what if you don't like Creative since you might find it boring.
    ... any cheats you might use, would have exactly the same effect.