Thread: Regarding "show us your bases" thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding "show us your bases" thread.

Work in progress on a base designed around the idea that the planet is being explored by a team of 15-20 personnel. My question is, what program do people use for the screen captures. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought folks just hit F12 while playing it via steam :/

Post Thanks / Like
    lothos.

Correct. I decided to look for myself what steam has and decided to use that. I have never done screen shots or video since using steam. It is...….interesting?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Loilo Game Recorder. I get vastly better results than Steam gives, and have a lot more options. If and when I really need to make edits I use Adobe Premier though I very rarely do and post production for YT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I use Loilo Game Recorder. I get vastly better results than Steam gives, and have a lot more options. If and when I really need to make edits I use Adobe Premier though I very rarely do and post production for YT.
    OBS is far better for recording. Complete control of recording setting and don't have to deal with large AVI's

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    OBS is far better for recording. Complete control of recording setting and don't have to deal with large AVI's
    Is it as free? I donít mind large AVIís with a 30 TB SAN. And converting to better and smaller formats is pretty quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Is it as free? I don’t mind large AVI’s with a 30 TB SAN. And converting to better and smaller formats is pretty quick and easy.
    yup totally free and unrestricted. can chose output formats, res, frame rate, bitrate. even do scenes like having a facecam or a picture overlay in the corner overtop of the video. i have it setup to record at the recommended specs for youtube and the same with my editor. always good to record in the format you plan on editing into and uploading with so you dont lose quality due to resizing and compression

Post Thanks / Like
    OBS is open source, multi platform, and free. Works well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    yup totally free and unrestricted. can chose output formats, res, frame rate, bitrate. even do scenes like having a facecam or a picture overlay in the corner overtop of the video. i have it setup to record at the recommended specs for youtube and the same with my editor. always good to record in the format you plan on editing into and uploading with so you dont lose quality due to resizing and compression
    I donít face cam... aside from I donít like it, no one wants to see my mug anyways lol

But Iíll take a look at OBS. Hadnít heard of it before, but if itís good and as easy to use as Loilo, well, one canít have too many tools!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I don't facecam either but you know what I mean. It should be the only recorder you need. Good for streaming too