Thread: [MEDIUM PRIORITY][v 0.9.1.0] FPS drops after long traveling

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation [MEDIUM PRIORITY][v 0.9.1.0] FPS drops after long traveling

Game Version: 0.9.1 beta

Detailed Description:
    Game on the new version of unity have weird glitch with fps drops, when I travel on very long distances. I didn't noticed this glitch, when played on the old versions. Don't know why it is causing, but, maybe, game "forgot" unload some data?

Any additional information:

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/swmw09zgz8...t_log.txt?dl=0

Oh, I forgot to say. Maybe it depends, because I play on the old map (planet)? My game started from version 0.8.x ..

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Harrison,

Playing an old save should not have an impact on performance. Do you have similar experience with different saves?
    Most FPS drops is caused by physics, the new Unity handles physics different way and there might be also some differences in rendering and memory management. We'll take a look at the profiler, I hope it tell us what eats the CPU time.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello martinsustek. Yes, I have similar issue in my sandbox game. In one small area I have a lot of physic debris and vehicles. In first time, when I go out from this area on the long distance (just tested my hover), fps drops at 15-19 (after this I have not tested more).

Then I started a new game, built small helicopter and fly on the long distance - fps was stable. I noticed that this glitch causing, when you discover or build a lot various buildings.

Oh. And one important thing. After save / loading - fps will stable again. (if you didn't noticed on my video)

Thank you!

upd

Here is performance test in sandbox. P.S. (recording takes ~5-10 frames) In the end of the video, I lost ~ 10 fps. Not very obviously (because with recording my fps jumps, but I may use SSD for record, if you want more clear results). For the strong results, I need play around 1 hr to get very low fps (in case, that I will travel).

Last edited by Harrison; 01-08-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed that power lines seem to always be loaded. A few km away and you can still see them