Thread: Bug or not? what is a single convayers maximum lenght?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bug or not? what is a single convayers maximum lenght?

I was planning on making a bridge across a small body of water to bridge 2 bases together. I ran in to an issue how ever, the convayer stops seeing the first base as it goes over water. I can see the contents of other containers at the shore line but when i get any further no contact with the container. I was adding a power plant to the drawbridge control room and it did not see any thing there either. I was hoping to span 400m or so between the 2 bases to get iron at that station so i could make a manufacturing plant there. another 2 or 3 islands south would be the south pole so i need something in that area island 1 is the last of the iron and island 2 has the start of the polar resources.

Post Thanks / Like
    The maximum building grid is 200 meters.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maximum size of the grid is currently not limited. What is limited is the distance at which the grid physics is computed (when you move away it freezes) and the distance at which the grid is rendered in scene (it disappears completely). But even with completely unloaded graphics, the active part of active blocks is kept loaded, so they are still producing energy, mining resources etc. Even conveyors should stay connected.

So, it is okay, if you cannot see some of your bases, but it's a bug if they are directly connected by conveyors and you cannot use them. Make sure your conveyors aren't disconnected somewhere and use conveyor connector in that case.

Post Thanks / Like
    seems to be a bug on that build or map. I tried with 0.9.0.4 and have gone 500m single run and 800 with a single pipe connector to fix angle. only 5k to go on the alaskan pipe line.