Thread: Tutorial feedback

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Tutorial feedback

Tutorial comments because you wanted some feedback

The vehicle in the workshop cannot be steered and it meanders from side to side. Makes you wonder if you are doing something wrong. Suggest configuring steering after making the cockpit, as part of the tute. Currently it wont allow this.

Text box after filling the two deuterium generators is scaled too small for the amount of text in it, consequently the text is way too small to read and timewise it vanished before you can even try to read it anyway, can it be very important ? IDK but it still should be readable...

The decompression explosion deserves a siren to go with the red emergency lighting. You could fade the siren to signify air is being lost and is thinning. The cargo pod deserves a door closing/opening animation imho since it is your sleep tank for the early part of the game. (Also would be nice if some discovered pods could be functional planetside and also use this animation.)

On landing the cargo box just beside the crater is not in keeping with the emergency escape narrative and these supplies should be within the escape pod itself.

The tute and escape adds a nice dimension to the landing though and sets the scene so it deserves to be made welcoming to new players.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think about the voice during the tutorial?
    The way how the intonation goes down toward the end of each sentence..

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the above. I really didn't like the veichel tutorial it served no purpose. Small change is that you need to move through a tunnel with no air in it, like that there is a reason to use the veichel. Or since you can't turn anyway, do a suspended rail design and make no floor under the area that you need to cross.

Voice is ok, but I think the tutorial notes should be closeable. I also didn't like that you couldn't change your field of view.

One other point, in the beginning I thinK users should select male or female body types. I think that would make the game more appealing to non male players.