Thread: A question

Post Thanks / Like

A question

Is there a way to build a jack stand under a existing vehicle? I have a wheeled vehicle and would like to do some up grade/re configuration but have no desire to dis assemble and re build. Seems there must be a way it just escapes me. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. Build the jack bound to the vehicle and embedded into the ground and it will anchor the vehicle in place. If you need to raise the vehicle up higher then you will need to use a hover jack, which for some reason can only be built on bare ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can build a hover jack, it will let you rise it into the air.
    If you can’t yet, build a raised platform, drive vehicle onto it, connect blocks onto vehicle that anchor it to the ground, and then delete the platform.

Post Thanks / Like
    could also add a few airblades to lift it up then plant it while you work on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input..Love the air blades idea especially...Truth be know, I realized shortly after my post that the hover jack was one of the "tools" to do just that. Again, thanks for the input. Carry on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could also build a gantry above the vehicle, and use winches to lift it. Bit risky, since winches can be wonky - save first - but, while it's in the air, plant a few jacks to keep it there, then power off the winches.

Post Thanks / Like
    "winches can be wonky"

*watches a winch throw a vehicle 50km into the air*