Thread: keyboard double input

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation keyboard double input

Hello,

I am on Ubuntu 16.04 with the new version, I loaded a game and noticed that I had extreme difficulty moving around and just about doing anything. Using the jetpack is very challenging. Hovering is extremely difficult. I think this may be related to every key seeming to be repeated (even when typing a save game name doubles each key). Seems to be other issues, but they would probably be covered in other posts.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Game Version: 0.9.1
    Simple Description: Use of keyboard input is extremely sporadic in effects and key strokes seem to be duplicated.
    Detailed Description: While playing the game, keyboard actions are quite unexpected with there being much weirdness with key strokes and the intended affect. Use of jetpack and hovering is extremely difficult. Typing a name of a save game revealed a duplication of each keystroke. For example, pressing <a> yields <aa> or even <aA> (lower case a and upper case A). Only way to overcome is spamming keys in hope of getting odd (as opposed to even) amount (idk.. guessing)... then can hover. was able to finish tutorial (but with great difficulty)
    Reproducibility: Tried first playing a save game... thought might be better if started new game, so I started the tutorial. Although I was able to finish the tutorial, it took a lot of patience.
    How to Reproduce:
    Start a game
    Any additional information:

Log file: I don't know how I could get a log file that would be useful... If somebody can reply with some hints, I will see what I can do.
    DXdiag: DX?
    Last edited by texaswriter; 14-07-2018 at 01:22 AM. Reason: used template.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other Unity games are exhibiting this when run on Linux. Known bug, fixed in the next version of Unity (because of course it is).

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Teh Freek said... it's a known Unity bug. Thank You for reporting! We will try to fix it.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello texaswriter,

We've just published new release of the game built with newer version of Unity. It seems that double letter bug is gone.

However, during testing on colleague's linux machine, it seemed to me, like there is a big input lag. Could you confirm this? We've had similar problem with some old 5.x Unity release. It seems to be like an alchemy to tune everything to correct state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for confirming Goose!!

Martin,

Thanks for the update. Also, with the latest version, it seems a bit laggy occasionally. Mostly okay, but occasionally, I am getting some input lag that is noticeable.