Thread: 'Signage' Ceiling Block.

Post Thanks / Like

'Signage' Ceiling Block.

Just a very simple idea that occurred while messing about with something.

signage_mockup_001.jpg

A simple signage variation of the Ceiling block. (this could be applied to a whole new block I guess. lol.

Idea being that the 'rename' options also displays the sign on the exterior. Giving the ability to label buildings etc.

TheMightySpud

Post Thanks / Like
    And here I am still waiting for switchboards to show their name on hover (not that I've actually suggested it yet, of course...).

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, Teh Freek??? SUGGEST THAT THING!! Heh. It's a really good and simple idea!

But back to the OP, I'm all for some kind of naming placards that can be placed, edges that show names if you choose to put that info in, etc. Helpful for organization and planning. In my mind I keep going back to Subnautica and how I used the wall labels and container labels constantly for reference to know which things were were, or what section was through the next bulkhead.

Heck, at this point, I'd even settle for being able to write on a block with a grease pen!

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, good idea. I always imagined golographic sgins in the game (since KS company, where was high tier backer level, with name on your ship or golographic message )

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of blocks with signage, how about Virtual Reality (VR) signage.
    So, when in Building-VR you see the name of the switchboard above the switchboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    So, when in Building-VR you see the name of the switchboard above the switchboard.
    Above isn't necessarily the best place for it though, since I tend to place mine on ceilings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps all blocks that have custom names could show their names on hover... it would keep the labels from overwhelming the screen (we really don't need to see "Reinforced Wall" everywhere) but would allow quick identification of the blocks that are important to the player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my idea was an aesthetic thing so you could label the buildings. *shrugs*

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for derailing your thread

Post Thanks / Like
    s'all good dude