Thread: Two strange behaviors: Sliding feet and Difficult Switchboards

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Two strange behaviors: Sliding feet and Difficult Switchboards

[Low Priority]

Ok, just today I started experiencing a strange new effect. My feet slowly slide while standing still. It only happens when I'm on a player created block not when I'm on the planet's surface i.e. dirt.

In addition, I'm experiencing trouble placing switchboards on blocks they are supposed to connect to. The outline will remain red when the switchboard is placed on certain blocks, which keeps me from placing the switchboard.
    Last edited by Sqwheelz64; 11-07-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sliding needs a Unity update to fix.

Switchboards won't connect to arbitrary faces; they must be reasonably smooth to bind. But they don't need to be on the device they're connecting to so it's not as huge a deal as it sounds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got that too... I started a new world, got out of the pod, and started sliding left. No matter my facing, I just slid left.

Switchboards need a "connect" face, though. Not all gadgets have a lot of connect faces. Conveyor ports are guaranteed to connect, as well as base, but a lot of the time the sides and top DOESN'T actually connect. You can stand on it, but armor blocks won't attach.

Which could be a problem, if you're making an airship out of mostly devices...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Freek View Post
    Sliding needs a Unity update to fix.
    Does this require the player to update Unity, or would the necessary updates happen to the installer? I've been having this same issue for some time.
    Last edited by Tethtibis; 12-07-2018 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Bad quote format

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tethtibis View Post
    Does this require the player to update Unity, or would the necessary updates happen to the installer? I've been having this same issue for some time.
    The developer is responsible for which version of the engine is used to build the project. A release with the new version of Unity i̶s̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ has just happened.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tethtibis View Post
    Yesterday we released update using a new Unity. Sliding should be gone ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Yesterday we released update using a new Unity. Sliding should be gone ;)
    Yes you did, and I'm very rooted to the spot where I stand now.

Thanks Craneballs and Unity!

Post Thanks / Like
    Uhhh...

Sorry to bring this up, but the "standing shuffle-slide" is back with a vengeance. I slid off a tall watchtower while furnishing it in build vision and nearly fell to my death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqwheelz64 View Post
    Uhhh...

Sorry to bring this up, but the "standing shuffle-slide" is back with a vengeance. I slid off a tall watchtower while furnishing it in build vision and nearly fell to my death.
    They had to do a roll back due to bugs. The sliding was fixed with the new Unity build but other issues came up so they had to revert back to v0.9.0.4. From what i hear a quick nap in the stasis chamber might fix it temporarily
    Last edited by BCP_Labs_YT; 29-07-2018 at 09:43 PM. Reason: cant type

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update, BCP.

I'll be looking forward to the time when the fix is reinstalled. I must say that I appreciate how complicated it is to roll out new game software especially with a dedicated fan base playing an early version before full release. I also appreciate the fixes as the come.

Keep up the good work, Craneballers!

(Sorry, if that sounded too "flattery")

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out they have a beta branch for Unity 2018 on steam if you have the steam version