Thread: What should I do in PN?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What should I do in PN?

I've got a base or two and a flying minibase. I tried making a giant flying base but the turbine-weight balancing got too complicated to get right so reverted back to the old. It's been a while since I played the game but I've got a reliable flying craft and I've been around mining materials a bit but I don't have a goal in mind. I have uranium I think and I've been in various biomes. There's no task as such. Nothing much seems to have changed in my absence feature-wise.
    Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilobyte View Post
    I've got a base or two and a flying minibase. I tried making a giant flying base but the turbine-weight balancing got too complicated to get right so reverted back to the old. It's been a while since I played the game but I've got a reliable flying craft and I've been around mining materials a bit but I don't have a goal in mind. I have uranium I think and I've been in various biomes. There's no task as such. Nothing much seems to have changed in my absence feature-wise.
    Suggestions?
    Perfect that large flying base. Working on one myself that weighs in at a good bit over 300k but Iíll get it airborne yet!

PN is what you make it until the Dev teams makes it what it will be. Itís in an interesting state right now, very free and directionless, but enough of it to be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    This problem is common to a lot of sandbox games.

You have the initial survival stage where you need to locate materials, get food and water, and construct a basic survival structure. Then you expand to a manufacturing base and improve your mobility and up the range you can effectively gatehr resources. You iprove your kit with the rare resources....

and then you run out of things to do.

You have the teleporters and tha monuments to explore....

There are wrecks...but they are all pretty dull at this stage and don;t hold anything you actually need by the time you get to the point of travelling to most of them.

There are some explorer notes to find, but the story isn't actually telling you anything of significance.

Some of these elements will get expanded on, and some may well not.

I would like to see more varied flora and fauna, maybe varying in threat as you move further from the spawn point. Maybe some aquatic life too. I would like to see farming and I would like to see more advanced blueprints needing to be 'discovered' on wrecks rather than just auto learned. But all these things will just prolong the time taken to run out of things to do. I would like to see other worlds and different stuff to find that way ( not just another procedurally generated world like the one you left ) but again...this is just extending the exploration for a bit. Might be an idea to have ore sites actually run out...rather than lasting for ever.

Really...NPC's with agressive intent, active threats, taming animals...maybe even riding them?

But....when you get done with all the possible ideas, code test and implement them ANY sandbox game is only going to provide 100 or so hours of gameplay before you do all the tasks the devs set and cover all the ground they left for you. The rest, as they say, is up to you as the player. You set challenges for yourself and set goals. For me...I like to build automated systems and roads/rails and such. That and self contained mobile factories.